Once again the topic.... HAIR

SarahBeth

Reaction score
As a former hairdresser I have to say that whoever styled Sami's hair for todays episode should be written up. Styling products can be our friends but when one applies three times as much as needed the result is what we saw today. Hair that appeared very greasy looking stuck to the head and it made the color look spotty. It seems that whoever did Sami's hair is in a secret backstage competition with whoever does EJ's hair for the greasiest look. I felt bad for the actress.

I am not one to notice hair styles all that much unless it is pointed out, but even I thought that Sami's hair was extremely greasy when I saw it.

I'd rather see her with one of those "updo" ponytails than flattened out like it was today.

However, Allison Sweeney (Sami) has such a beautiful face, she can still get away with an unflattering hairstyle if that is how it has to be on certain days.

Some of the actors have beautiful haircuts, but the "do" is not flattering. Some days it is, but there are loser days. I love Nicole's haircut, but I dislike it pinned back and under. There had to be a reason Ali Sweeney (Sami) went darker with her hair, no idea if that is her natural color perhaps, but sometimes the constant bleaching wreaks havoc with ones' hair, so it is "give it a rest". When Ari Zucker was off the show, she was soooo happy to be happy to just let her hair go back to it normal color, and when she returned this last time, that was her one complaint. I do see that she is going darker as well, not much, but not as light as she once was.

However, I will take the hair that doesn't look right instead of the horrid wardrobe choices that many of the females wear.

I also thought Sami's hair was not the most flattering she has had it. To me, besides that new wet look thing I guess they were trying for, I also think the reddish color was not too kind to the actress. I did like it when they had brownish mixed in with the blonde. Perhaps in is still a work in progress and they are trying to recondition over processed hair????

Ali Sweeney(Sami) has repeatedly answered fan questions on twitter saying she went darker because she just wanted a change. However, I agree that there must be more to it. Why now? Plus she recently went blonde again for the Arm & Hammer commercial though I'm not sure if that was just temporary. I think it may have been.

That commercial could have been shot before she colored her hair. The pictures she tweeted today, its kind of a reddish-brown with highlights. I like it, it makes her eyes stand out.

The commercial was shot within the last month. She specifically tweeted about going back to blonde to shoot the commercial.

On a side note, she posted an Allure Magazine interview last night on her Facebook page and most of the fan comments were asking her to go back to being a blonde LOL.

Reactions: jgk
Sami's hair usually looks pretty good, but I agree, it was bad! I'm not crazy about the color, but the combination of the streaks in the front, the stick-straight style, and the obvious overload of hair product, really made it look gross. I can't remember a time when her hair looked worse. Kate's hair always looks good, even with the color streaks. It always looks stylish and healthy. However, they really need to do something else with Jennifer's hair. When she was younger, the long hair was pretty, but her super straight style only accentuates the thin hair and makes her look older. Years ago, Missy Reeves (Jennifer) cut her hair short and it was really cute on her. If not a cut; I would say put away the flat iron and wear it with some curl in it.

edited to add character's name....JS

I honestly don't know what Alison Sweeney (Sami) is going for since she's gone darker, but personally I dislike her new look intensely. At first I was pretty much "meh." But last night I saw her advertisement for Arm and Hammer's new toothpaste line which must of been filmed just prior to her transition, and omg she looks fantastic in all her golden glory and only emphasized how awful she now looks. I wonder if anyone is advising her or if she's doing this for a role ...

There's a comment in one of the posts (in this thread) that says she went back to blond to do the toothpaste commercials.

Reactions: jgk
She perhaps is having a problem with her hair being overtreated. Being blonde means the color has to be stripped first, so over time, that is a lot of harsh treatment. She only has to go thru one process going dark. Heck, Carol Channings hair all fell out from all the overprocessing. She had to wear a wig. LOL

@WildeWoman-oh no you did not go there. A woman of her age? Did you just seriously say that? I am less than a year younger than Missy Reeves(Jennifer) with the same length hair although a better style. I am NOT too old to have hair down to my bra strap. Nor am I too old to swing it at a rocking concert either. It's pretty if I do say so myself (and I do because I keep it healthy) and it's a total turn on to my hubby of almost 25 years. I have a whole lot of life left to live and since I'm not sticking one foot in the grave I'm surely not tossing my hair in there either. There's no way it's getting cut shorter any time soon.

Back