One wonders why

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So Megan plans to take over and rule the entire world, appears to be a very intelligent, savvy woman. And yet..she throws Kristen's cell into a drawer in the living room of this big house, doesn't turn it off. Now, she could have taken it to her own room & slipped it under the mattress, smashed it with a hammer, or anything heavy. But no, she leaves it on, shoves it into the table drawer in a room everyone in the house uses, and thus, someone calls Kristen, & the ringing phone is easy to hear for anyone in the room.

and Harris, a very competent hit man, is going to take care of Megan. He pulls a gun on her, and instead of immediately shooting her, he waits.........want to bet he is not successful?

The writers don't seem to be able to find ways for the characters to go about their dastardly plans and look half way itelligent. Instead we get a takeoff on Abbot & Costello, or 3 Stooges. Actually, I often see, in my mind's eye, Red Skelton as one of his characters.....Clem Kadiddlehopper maybe. LOL

Michaels is a former Navy seal. There’s no way Megan should beat him in any form of combat. He’s still jacked. She’s probably 20 years older, and not a top-form female. If she somehow gets the drop on him, it’s absurd.

So much of the current show makes no sense.

Abe kidnapped and now presumed dead, why?

Steve as Abe's bestie? Since when? Roman and John have that locked down.

Rolf in general. He preforms a miracle and then an unhinged family member wants him to kill his finest creature and without hesitation he does?? or does he??

Why hasn't anyone found the family members locked in the cellar?

But most importantly, when will the show "knock our socks off" as promised by the fired writer months ago?????

I seem to remember that when Kristian Alfonso (Hope) quit, they tried to entice her back with how they had a story for her with a Navy Seal........something like that. She wasn't enticed, so is this the navy Seal they had already signed on, so perhaps had to discard the original idea and rewrite something for him??????

They had that storyline for Kristian Alfonso (Hope) written and ready to go before she quit, but she seemed have an issue with Days "resting" her character for 3-4 months before returning to Salem and Hope being involved with a Navy Seal. And since she quit mid-storyline, they had to quickly do rewrites to say she went off looking for Ciara because she was convinced Ciara hadn't really died. Then somehow Days managed to entice her back to do Beyond Salem and just dusted off the "Hope is involved with a Navy Seal" storyline anyway.

We don't have Kristian Alfonso (Hope) in the Navy Seal now, so.....they obviously did more rewriting......So far, the former Seal is not romantically involved with anyone. Just being manipulated by Megan is all..........Well, wait and see, I guess.

But she was involved with the Navy Seal in the second Beyond Salem installment, they were engaged. Then the writers migrated Harris Michaels over to the regular show after Beyond Salem and wrote a storyline for him.

Inasmuch as Beyond Salem was NOT part of regular show, not everyone can make sense out of this current effort to mish/mash events from both shows into just one. I am happy for those who were able to get Beyond Salem. Like many others I was not.......and have no desire now to try and see if I can. Just sorry the show doesn't "get" that what they are doing, with no explanation, is confusing to a lot of viewers.

In April of this year on the mother ship show, Hope and Harris were flirty and dancing on tables while in Greece searching for I have no idea. The manager of the place where they stopped recognized them from a previous visit (it wasn't part of the show or a Beyond Salem). Either way Harris and Hope were together on the main show briefly, even if the story started differently in the Beyond Salem story that was summarized daily for those who couldn't watch.

I am so sick of this Megan nonsense! I've been watching since the early 80's and never heard of her. Why the writers thought it was a good idea to resurrect a character and a story that almost nobody remembers is a mystery to me. Just desperate at this point. Oh yeah, she gets out of prison in less than 24 hours, already has clothing, money, etc. and thinks she can waltz in and live at the mansion is laughable. Just as laughable as the "security" or lack thereof, that the "rich and powerful" family has on their property. People come and go there like Walmart. :confused:

I think they think they need a Stefano. But there’s no recognition that era of soaps is done. It’s 2023. We have different ideas about villainy, abuse, and the psychology of trauma in culture now. We have anti-heroes more than pure villains. Rape, abuse, traumatizing people—our sensibilities have changed. Cruelty for cruelty sake or for world domination are not viewed as entertainment the same way.

Megan just comes across as a flatly drawn, nonsensical character in need of deep therapy. Her plots aren’t fun unless her motivation makes sense and she has some humanity. Heck, Ava made more sense as the villain because there was some context to her. They explained her childhood, and we got to see a human side of her with Rafe and as an actual mother (however damaged) versus whatever this is between Megan and Dmitri. They creep me out. She creeps me out. I’m waiting for him to realize he has to escape mommy’s psychologically incestuous grip on him.

Back