Our Wayne in ER..

Keep us posted, Wayne. So glad you are home! Sounds like there is much you will have to grin and bear for now, so I offer a bullet to bite for those nasty shots. I'm thinking of you and your recovery. Take good care of yourself and reward yourself for doing good (like after a shot). Hope to hear from you again, soon! K

Glad to hear that you are home, Wayne. It helps ease the discomfort when not in a stuffy, unfamiliar hospital room. :)

Sending thoughts of healing & strength for you. Take it easy & recover on your body's time so don't push it. Blood thinners can cause dizziness so be careful standing & walking.

I'm so sorry that I didn't see this sooner! Glad you are home and on the mend Wayne!! Prayers being said for a full & speedy recovery!

Glad to hear you're home and on the mend. If you have trouble with the shots, do you have a friend or family member nearby who can "shoot" you instead?

Hey Wayne, my favorite method for I unsticking a song from my head is to replace it with an equally sticky song that I like. The usual result is that the new song dislodges the first song, but doesn't stick as well. On the off chance the replacement song sticks as well as the first, I find another sticky song to dislodge it with. Once, I had to go through about 3 or 4 replacement songs before they finally quit staying stuck. My favorite go to song is White Rabbit by Egypt Central. After that, I have a few Nickelback, Shinedown, and Theory of a Deadman songs that work pretty well too.

Now that things are looking brighter for you little wizard, I have to tell you..... I sure am glad you were admitted into the hospital where ever it is you live, but so thankful that you do not live in Salem, and with you in a hospital gown, then you have to be careful of the Doctor you get, as you are not able to fight off, nor out run a wacko Doctor that get turned on by someone in hospital gown.... Welcome back.....Time to go and check the chickens in the nest.

@ Soaphead - :rotfl:It is a very sticky song, that's why it's my favorite for dislodging other stuck songs. :rotfl: It helps that I really like the song.

The biggest problem I'm having now -- songs aside -- is a massive feeling of light-headedness and nausea, but I'm 100% absolute that those are due to the meds involved.

For the first time this week, I tried drinking a large bottle (1L) of water today which is pretty norm form me. I normally drink 2-3 actually, but even 3/4 of the bottle resulted in a massive feeling that I needed to throw up. Tried to eat lunch to cover that feeling (which it did) and now I feel as though I might literally topple out of this chair at any moment. This, after taking the afternoon off and sleeping for 3 hours.

I surely hope they get these meds balanced soon, but I'm greatly happy to be off of the 3x daily shots to the abdomen.

Wayne

I've been there, my friend. More than 20 years ago ! And I'm still here, still going strong. :D So it does get better. Not easy at first with meds adjustments, but like Poirot said, do not hesitate to talk to your doctors and do take notes. And I'm thinking you'll be having regular visits, maybe even weekly to check your blood ? Well worth the trouble, I assure you. So hang in there, Wayne ! Positive thoughts still going your way.

Back