Over the years

julia_princess

Reaction score
Today is the Emmy awards, so I was thinking about who I thought should have won an Emmy over the years. I think Kristian Alfonso (Hope) should have won an Emmy in 2006 for the scene when her son Zack died. It was some of the strongest work I've seen. Who do you think should have won an Emmy? And for which scene?:)

Definitely Kristian Alfonso (Hope) for her work when Zack died. It was fantastic.

Ari Zucker (Nicole) should have had one for when her baby was still born at Dr. Baker's clinic. Her scenes with Brady then were absolutely heartbreaking. And Emmy worthy.

If I recall correctly, did Kristian Alfonso (Hope) even get nominated that year?! For some reason I feel like I remember her not even getting a nomination. And for sure Ari Zucker (Nicole) should have won the year for the baby switch story. I know she was nominated and I think she lost to Emmy darling Heather Tom (B&B) but I think that category was also pretty stacked that year too with other powerhouse actresses. I still say Zucker should have won.

I'm actually really surprised that Blake Berris (ex-Nick) didn't get nominated for his work last year. I thought he did a fabulous job.

Blake Berris (Nick)
Camila Banus (Gabi)
Kristian Alfonso (Hope)
Arianne Zucker (Nicole)

I think these people should've won (and maybe will win at some point in the future) an award for their work. Truly outstanding.

edited to add characters' names - please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters - JS

That is what was great about SOD awards. I think, at times, they even "invented" new categories in order to award a deserving actor. LOL. But the votes came from the viewers/fans. LOL, as the very first year, viewers voted nominees AND winners, and Days really swamped most categories. So, the rules changed, the mag's editors decided on the nominees, and ballots were in the magazine, only one could be submitted. It has been 10 years since the last one.

Steven Nichols, Matthew Ashford, Susan Hayes, Mary Beth Evans, Judi Evans.......the list goes on with the actors who consistently deliver, but not particularly noticed.

Back