Paige - missed opportunities.

Mr. Continuity

Reaction score
Well I know there seems to be a patchwork of scenes and stories with new and old writers but wouldn't Paige's death affect more people. No Theresa. Kayla worked closely with her but not a word. Steve is JJ's uncle and Jen's brother in law. No contact. Where are Shane and Kimberly. Has Abby really responded. What about Daniel. He was close to Paige and JJ. I think the writers really dropped the ball on this one. Why hasn't Eric gone to be with Eve? :confused:Have the police forgotten about Kyle?

I agree that the ball was dropped here. It's been a week now and we still haven't seen Jeannie Theresa with her sister or discussing Paige. No they weren't close but she seems to have a close enough relationship with Eve where this should have impacted her, especially as a new mom.

We also should have seen more from JJ, Jen and Abigail as well as Kayla and even Daniel. Those were the folks who primarily interacted with her.

And no one making or talking of funeral plans? Eve did say that she called her father, who was devastated. And I hope everyone realizes or remembers that Charles Shaughnessy, who played Shane Donovan, has been doing non-stop theatre, "on the road" for months now. He finishes one, and immediately is off to another city to do a different one.

Totally agree. There is never full circle with the storylines on Days. We see Eve with Justin and no one else. They didn't even have that much of a friendship before. I realize that it is probably setting a foundation for a future hookup, but this is not good television.

It would have only taken one day to devote everyone hearing about her murder and reacting. Jen, Abby, Theresa, Kayla, Caroline should've felt something since Paige is Kim's step-granddaughter. Even JJ wasn't able to probably show emotion for the lost love of his life.

I think the writers are just trying to move on through some of the current storylines in order to get rid of some of the actors and get started with the stories for the future.

I think you are right. The new writers want little to do with the current storylines and their new characters, can't say I blame them.

Oh, I think the viewers would have been having fits if all the shock, mourning, discussion, etc. was shown in just one 38 minute show. Plus, I think there have been scenes filmed but cut. They ARE trying to move things along......and folks, you really do not know if there are still scenes we have yet to see.
Yes, I think Theresa should have been there at some point for Eve, but maybe she WAS, and we just did not see it, it was off screen. SAme goes for a JJ breakdown.
Heck, I was wondering why Eve was at the police station. She certainly talked to no one, except for running into JJ..........and accidentally seeing Justin.

But we've seen the same aftermath with Serena. We should have immediately gotten scenes with Eric and Nicole reacting to her death. Instead we have Eric finding the body and then we don't see him again for almost a week. Dan tells Nicole and it's just a passing thought. Very inconsistent with what we've seen over the past month.

As for Paige, Abigail was on the internet today looking at Stefano articles. Paige was a headline the previous day. They couldn't have her come across that headline too?!? Way out of character for Abby not to be there for JJ right now.

The murder plots has been really weak. Hopefully they explain it better in the next month. Right now there is little payoff. Eve grieves alone and she shouldn't be. Where was Theresa? Wasn't Julie her mentor at one time?

The whole concept of Paige was poorly thought out and the casting was poor as well. Then tptb tried to create some interest by tying her to the Donovon family tree but it was too little too late.

There definitely should have been more reactions from Shane's family and friends, since he was Paige's grandfather. Kayla, Hope, and Steve should have at least mentioned that their friend/brother in law lost his granddaughter. There should have been at least a few scenes with Theresa/Eve, but nothing. They could have had Shane talking to Roman/Rafe about the investigation since he was an ISA agent. I imagine Shane would want answers. Sadly the ball has been dropped, big-time.

As for Jennifer, Daniel and Abigail, their reactions should be secondary to Paige's family (Eve, Theresa, Kim, Shane, Kayla, Gabrielle Pascal (Eve's biological mom) and Andrew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then Rafe must've been half brother to Paige.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Rafe and Gabi are the older half-siblings of Paige.

God, I would have loved to seen Paige interact with big brother Rafe and niece Arianna. So much potential and not ever thought about. How sad.

Back