Patrick, Jennifer & Derek

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
O.K. Indulge me.........most here know of my love for the movie Dirty Dancing. And years later, Jennifer Grey came on Dancing With the Stars, luckily paired with Derek Hough, and ended up winning the coveted crown. I just found a video which mixes the last 4 dances of Derek & Jennifer, with clips of dances performed by Patrick Swayze & the young Jennifer Grey in the movie Dirty Dancing. I love dancing, and I love all 3 of these performers. I think, even if you are not particularly fond of dancing, you will enjoy the video.........but....it is 12 minutes long, so be prepared. I am keeping this.

Just an aside........after the win on Dancing With the Stars, Jennifer Grey had to have surgery on her back, a disk problem. She was never a dancer, in the movie, when Patrick, portraying Johnny, was teaching her dance moves, that was actually real, since he was a dancer. She never danced after that movie. the scene with Patrick & Jennifer crawling around on the floor, mouthing the lyrics to Sylvia & Mickey....that was originally them goofing around prior to filming, director loved it so put it in the movie. Thank you for indulging me. :)

Yes I watch Dancing every season and remember her performances. A great video. Thanks.

I remember on DWTS, during rehearsal for one number with Derek, Jennifer broke down in tears, left the room, later saying Derek reminded her so much of Patrick (who was deceased by then).

Back