Peacock - NBC's new streaming service

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NBC's new streaming service, Peacock, started today. It's free to sign up and watch, no credit card required. There is a premium service you can buy, though. It seems to have access to more content and is commercial-free.

I signed up this morning and it appears Days is one of the free streaming shows. They have episodes starting from February 27, 2020 to yesterday's episode.

So do you watch on computer or TV??? I have absolutely no idea how streaming services work.

This is the list of supported devices. So for now Peacocktv will not be available on ROKU. I bet NBC will do away with their other apps now.

Peacock is available across a variety of devices.
Web Browsers:
Chrome 70+ (Windows/Mac)
Firefox 65+ (Windows/Mac)
MS Edge 40+ (Windows 10 or above)
Safari 12+ (Mac)

Mobile and Tablet Devices:
Android: 6.0 or above
iOS: 11 or above

Connected TVs, Game Consoles and Streaming Devices:
Android TV: Android 5.1
Apple TV: Apple TV HD (4th Generation or above) with tvOS 11 or above
Chromecast: 2nd Generation or above
LG Smart TV: LG WebOS 3.5 or above
Vizio TV: SmartCast 2.0 or 3.0 (from 2015 and newer)
Xbox One

Cable Provider Set Top Boxes:
Cox:
Contour Box with Voice Remote
Contour Stream Player

Xfinity:
XG1v1 (Arris)
XG1v3
XG1v4
XG2v2
XiD
Xi3
Xi5
Xi6
Flex

Apparently there's deals being worked on with Roku and Amazon (for the Fire stick) but they didn't complete negotiations in time for launch. They'll probably be up on those two within a week or two.

I have Xfinity and Peacock has been available there for a couple of months now as a trial run. I use it for Days when I am behind because it will show it with only one commercial or shortened commercials which is less time than NBC. I have a smart tv so I can access it through On Demand, which will show three options available to watch Days: DVR, Peacock, or NBC.

I don't know how many have Cox for TV. I use On Demand a lot when I miss something.
I always check at 5 central time if Days might be on since my governor always comes
in 30 minutes into the show.

I found today's Days show already up. You go through Peacock to watch the episode and
it takes awhile to go down the Days episode list since it has 100 episodes listed. With
Cox I get Premium Peacock (whatever that means). There is supposed to be only one
commercial during the whole show. I thought I would pass on the information. I don't
know if it will be up that early everyday or not.

Honestly, I still do not know HOW to stream anything, how to access whatever the sites are, what it might cost (color me penny pincher) & I have had NO invites from anywhere or anything. So congrats to all of you very savvy folks. I cannot even fix my mail program tho I have tried a zillion different things. (I receive, cannot send)

All you do is go to PeackockTV.com (using your computer), click on "start watching now" to set up a login/password, then once you're in, scroll down, find something you want to watch, and click on it. There are a ton of free options available (the paid service gives you more content to watch). No different than watching YouTube videos on your computer.

Honestly, prefer watching on TV........I rarely watch YouTube or anything else on computer. Guess it is not for me.

My computer stops, starts, a lot of times won't play audio on a clip, so I just don't bother.

Poirot, I don't like watching things on computer either. I can get Peacock with my
Cox cable. I watch some things from YouTube on TV because I have a streamer
device. I think there are too many things out there and at times confusing.

I am not sure how it works, but my brother added Chromecast to our TV and computer network. If you use Chrome as your browser, there is a feature in the right hand drop down box called cast. I can set up YouTube videos, videos from Amazon Prime, and other sites from CBS or NBC from my computer to play on the TV. It's a great way to put up a video on my computer to the TV to share with my mother so we can enjoy it together.

Here's a description of the device from BestBuy. They are also very affordable.

Looks like I need to hope it will be on Roku, but they may not as Roku as not signed on for HBO Max either. Oh well. I don't want to watch on a tablet or a phone.

FYI, today Peacock on Cox cable showed today's episode at 4 Central time. I don't know
how long they plan to do this. Also, today was the first day the day's episode came right
up. Last week, I had to go down the 100 Days episode list to get to the current one.

Back