Peacock price going up

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I only got Peacock to watch Days, and I don't watch anything else, not at all. I have to watch on my computer, and guarantee you, I am not sitting all evening at my desk to watch TV or a movie. I get DISH, that is my TV. At the time, $20 got me a year of Peacock, will be up in September, and unless they come up with something else, am not paying $60 or $75 just to watch Days. Yes, it was free, then part of the DISH pkg., but whatever happened, things changed, and NBC & Days already have lost quite a number of viewers, and there will be more with the plans they have going into effect.

So here's a question for other Xfinity customers. I was told twice that Peacock would not longer be free as part of the Xfinity package as of June 26. I was offered a deal for a year. So my plan was to let it go, since I only watch Days on Peacock, and Days has been pretty awful and I didn't want to pay for awful.

Well, every week day since June 26, I go to open the Peacock app, and guess what?! The app opens, there is a message that says something like, you have Peacock Premium, our offer is still good, please cancel your previous subscription. So I ignore the message and am able to watch Days. My question: is anybody else with Xfinity still getting Peacock after the cutoff date and not paying for it? This is odd, right?!

I watch a number of shows on Peacock: Poker Face (renewed), Based on a True Story (probably will be renewed) are two Peacock originals I like, to name a few.

Peacock is a bargain compared to other streaming services. I take the package with ads. I pick and choose streaming services and drop them if I can't justify the price against how much I watch.

But we all have budgets, and there are other things that we need to prioritize. Like food, ya think?

It's too bad that there can't be a separate cost for those who only watch Days, since it happened under one-off circumstances. The subscriber would be limited to just Days for $1.99/month, let's say. I know this won't happen, but it sure would be nice as an option.

@ PA Gal............It could be their mistake, & you are getting it free for a while (happened to me with something else).....but however you paid for it originally, just be sure they do not just automatically take $$ from an account.

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot, I keep an eye out for a charge. There wasn't one in my latest Xfinity bill.

If anybody on the board who is an Xfinity subscriber knows the answer to this: if one renews Peacock with the discounted offer of $2.99 for 12 months, do you get the bill from Peacock or from Xfinity? It's not clear from the emails that I have received. Thanks!

@WW..........that is exactly my thoughts about this. And I think they already can tell how much or what you watch with any service.

And I think they already can tell how much or what you watch with any service.
They can easily pull up what each subscriber watches at any minute of the day, how long, how many times they rewind and fast-forward, skip-scenes, etc. All that info is at their fingertips within their system.

I had Peacock Premium for free with Xfinity but paid for the Plus package with no-ads for I think $5.99 until the cutoff date last month when I had to have a premium subscription in addition to the ad-free so now I'm paying the premium and the plus, making it 9.99 (though I just looked at my account and it says this was some offer that ends next month?). My payment is set up through PayPal so doesn't show up on the Xfinity bill.

At this point I can barely keep track of all of the streaming subscriptions I have just so I can watch a specific show. Paramount+ for Star Trek shows, AppleTV+ for Ted Lasso (sad it's done), Disney+ for the Marvel & Star Wars stuff, Hulu to watch Only Murders in the Building, Max for House of the Dragon, Peacemaker, & Righteous Gemstones.

Back