Peacock streaming news

I just spit water on my keyboard.

giphy.gif

It's a transitional business loss that's almost 10% lower than expected, so they're happy. I assume they think they've turned the corner and will start getting a return on their investment. Time will tell.

Days will not be part of it. I'm virtually certain they're letting it die a slow death, squeezing costs to milk loyal viewers until there's nothing left. They hope they can get those viewers hooked on the other content so they won't mind when Days goes away.

It's getting ugly out there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...n&cvid=c24e0a3be100434da4f3f004f788c356&ei=27

NFL sportswriter Mike Florio used his NBC platform to defend the network-owned Peacock exclusive broadcast of the Kansas City Chiefs Wild Card matchup with the Miami Dolphins.

Peacock will show the Kansas City Chiefs game to most fans​

Outside of Kansas City And Miami, fans must sign up to watch the over-the-top streaming service Peacock to watch the playoff game. Fans have been upset at the league for making them subscribe to a platform they don’t use to watch a game that should be on national television.

Florio responded to a letter New York representative Pat Ryan submitted to NFL Commissioner Rodger Goodell Friday. Ryan called the decision to air the Wild Card game on Peacock a “disgrace” and said Congress’s decision to give the NFL an anti-trust exemption in broadcast deals was a mistake.

NBC partner Mike Florio doesn’t think the network is out of bounds​

Florio wrote the NFL should be careful not to push over-the-top streaming services for more playoff games than in the Wild Card round. The NFL’s generous anti-trust exemption allows for parity in the television market. Without the exemption, more popular teams would strike deals that would crush smaller market teams.

And the NFL is all about parity.

But Florio didn’t make an argument for parity in the network market. He went on to defend Peacock’s right to broadcast the Chiefs game, saying it didn’t go far enough to warrant the end of the anti-trust exemption:

Taking games away from three-letter networks in local markets would imperil the antitrust exemption.
“The NFL surely knows the stakes for taking streaming too far. Personally, I doubt it will expand beyond wild-card weekend. If/when it does, there will be more voices calling for the league to lose the legal exception that has helped fuel the goose that has been laying golden eggs for more than 60 years.”
Fair enough about the expansion in future postseasons–even if Florio doesn’t want to acknowledge the gravity of the situation, the league is allowing a three-letter network to push the boundarythis weekend by taking away an important game between the NFL’s most valuable player and an exciting Dolphins offense.

But what happens when Fox and CBS try to broadcast Wild Card games on over-the-top streaming services along with Peacock in the future?

Florio ended the article as an outright advertisement for NBC and Peacock:

Here’s where I say that PFT’s content is exclusively licensed to NBC (PFT remains independently owned), PFT Live is televised by Peacock, and yours truly works for NBC’s Football Night in America. And here’s where I say that for a limited time you can get Peacock for $29.99 for one full year. That’s $2.50 a month.
Or give it a try for one month at $5.99. There’s a ton of great content. Just today, for example, a new series debuted based on the Ted movies.
The Office is on Peacock. Plenty of Universal movies end up on Peacock not long after the start of their theatrical run. Plenty of live sports are on Peacock.
So give Peacock a try. Enjoy the Dolphins-Chiefs game.

That would've been a great solution, kat.

I'm not into sports so I personally don't care, but I think it's really lousy for networks to move sporting events to paid platforms when they used to air them free on regular network channels. They squeeze every drop of revenue out of fans. I bet Peacock figures a lot of Taylor Swift fans will sign up just to see glimpses of the singer during the game. :rolleyes:

One man posted on Twitter he's not paying for Peacock and his wife said they already have it.

Someone else wrote you can get Peacock for a month free if you sign up. So, there are ways to
watch the game if you really want to. And how much would an in-person ticket cost?

The issue with watching online for those like me without a SmartTV/ability to use Roku, is that I have to watch all the streaming services on my 15" laptop. I am not going to get a new TV at this point and will just continue as I have been, but for those who are into sports, watching on a large screen is ideal, I don't even mean a huge screen like 35 or 42 or larger, just an average TV with a 25-30-inch screen. It is all so wrong. There need to be options for everyone.

Also have to watch streaming on computer.......who wants to sit in front of a computer (mine is desktop) in a small hard chair, instead of a comfortable chair or sofa, to watch TV for hours.........Nope, just cannot do.

Luckily, the Browns game is being broadcast on my local NBC station in Ohio since they have a contract to air all Browns' away games back here in the home market.
Also have to watch streaming on computer.......who wants to sit in front of a computer (mine is desktop) in a small hard chair, instead of a comfortable chair or sofa, to watch TV for hours.........Nope, just cannot do.
Poirot, the ROKU I sent months ago isn't hooked up to your tv?

Back