Peggy McCay (Caroline)

Mr. Continuity

Reaction score
Is Peggy McCay (Caroline Brady) ever returning? Or is this another Frances Reid (Alice) sad ending to a story? Will they keep having Caroline making clam chowder off screen and somewhere down the road at 95 have her pass on? My mother stopped cooking in her 70's. These women are amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have no idea what the future plans of Peggy McCay (Caroline) are. Nor do we know how the writers are dealing with her future. Right now, the character is out in California with Kimberly.

What we were told was that Ms. McCay (Caroline) asked for some time off, but she did not quit, etc. So, yes, she has been upstairs sick with the flu, back in the kitchen cooking, currently is in CA, visiting Kim. This is the same thing they did with Mickey (and Bo) for a couple years, until (in Mickey's case) they recast, unsuccessfully, a few times, finally having Mickey pass on.

I was glad when Peter Reckell agreed to return to end Bo's life, so there would be no more speculation and comments. Joe Mascolo (Stefano) stayed on, despite his inabilities, but also wanted and agreed to end Stefano's reign,

the actors portraying Mickey, Shawn, Sr., Stefano, all wanted to retire. The one playing Bo just wanted out from Days, wanted to spend more time with his family.

So far, there has been no news as to what Caroline or Ms. McCay's status will be.

In Bo's case, I just hope they don't bring him back to life using that other actor who used to play Bo for a short time, I don't remember his name.

As for Caroline, they should just kill off the character if the actress isn't going to come back.

I remember he was on when Hope came back to life when she thought she was Princess Gina. I heard something bad happened backstage but it was no big loss, I didn't like him anyway.

Bo died in Hope's arms, but I guess they "could" say it wasn't the REAL Bo.

Back