Peter Reckell (ex-Bo) interview

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This morning, on the show just before Days comes on, Peter Reckell (Bo) came on near the very end, talking of his current gig in The Fantastiks in NY, and he talked just a tiny bit of his time on Days. He was asked his most memorable or favorite scene, but he replied that was hard, because they used to be able to go all over the world. He mentioned the wedding in Greece, New Orleans, the interviewers were laughing as they exclaimed over the days of big budgets. Long gone now.

He mostly talked about plays he has done, other stage work, but did say it had been 25 years since he last gave a live stage performance. He loves this current gig, because not only is he playing the role of El Gallo, but he is also more or less the narrator, getting to talk to the audience directly.

He has his beard, very much trimmed, and hair cut shorter than we have seen it. Still lookin good!

Well, I know many of the stars have wonderful voices, but I was never aware of his, especially being on Days for so long.

He's looking good! I didn't know the Fantastiks was still around. I saw it in Greenwich Village in 1974, the only show I ever saw in NY. I think it closed there some years ago. Interesting to learn that the Bo actor sings.

I worked Guys and Dolls in Sacramento in the late 90's and the cast included Peter Reckell (Bo). He was very popular on Days at the time but took time to work the fans at the exit door. He was very nice to the crew and if he had an issue, asked politely to have it fixed. Some actors, if they had a problem, had a snit. He didn't. His voice was pretty good. Singing in an canvas circus tent 7 nights in August in Sacramento.

Back