Philip

Actors do not always like having to dye their hair, as eventually it becomes so damaged. Being we have only seen Philip the one day, who knows? Perhaps hair & makeup were not quite sure what to do, so because the suit/tie were going to be what he wore, they plastered his hair in that fashion. We certainly have seen disasters on other actors in re: hair, over the years.

Perhaps I should have elaborated more about the continual dying of one's hair when acting on a TV show. In hair and makeup room, lots of blow drying, curling irons, hair spray, "product" and hot lights while filming. All damaging to hair.

I'm not sure yet if I like him or not. I really liked the "old Philip" as portrayed by Jay Kenneth Johnson, so I am reserving judgment until I get used to the "new Philip".

Perhaps I should have elaborated more about the continual dying of one's hair when acting on a TV show. In hair and makeup room, lots of blow drying, curling irons, hair spray, "product" and hot lights while filming. All damaging to hair.

I am sure that is not good for your hair at all.

I know that I didn't like John-Paul Lavoisier (Philip) on One Life to Live, and now I'm remembering why. I don't like Philip anyway, though.

edited to add actor's last name and character name - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen pictures of the actor playing Philip and he is handsome with short hair. He looks like he hasn't washed his hair in months. I hate that dirty greasy look. It's very unbecoming.

It's early, so I'm trying to withhold judgment, but I did find it a little jarring that he looks older, but his voice sounds younger.

Not a fan of the straggly hair and hope it goes eventually, but can wait for that to happen.

It's strange to me how they have him looking down on Brady for focusing on his child. Isn't that part of the reason he left with Parker (back when we all thought Philip was the father)? And yeah, I don't understand the look they have for him. It's like a villain in an '80s teen movie. Does he drive a Trans-Am with a falcon on the hood?

Maybe the losses Philip has suffered in his rather young life, have now jaded him. After all, he thought he was father of Claire. Nope. Thought he was father of Parker. Nope. WAS father of Tyler, but eventually thought the adoptive parents would do better than him in raising the boy, so gave up rights.
In love with Chloe...it did not work out. Married Belle, that did not work out either.

"Technically" Sarah was the first egg baby, since Maggie was a surrogate. Although it was Maggie's own egg; she was just inseminated; it wasn't an in vitro procedure.

But yes, Vivian stole Kate and Victor's fertilized egg and carried it to term and gave birth to Philip.

I'm not liking Belle either lol. I'll give them a chance but if the scenes from the "horse" basketball game is any indication of what is to come they can both take a hike.

Last edited:
"Horse Basketball"???? I give,what does that mean?

It's a game. I guess thats what it's called. lol I played it with my cousin years ago. You spell out "horse" while shooting baskets I think the first one that spells it wins. You shoot, if it goes in you have the H and so on.

Now I remember it better lol found this explanation.

The game H.O.R.S.‌‌E (pronounced "horse") is played by two or more players. The first player with possession of the ball attempts to make a basket from a certain spot and in a particular way, explaining to the other players what the requirements of the shot are.

Well, it truly made me laugh when NBC released the spoiler pics for next week, and used a picture of OLD Philip with Victor. So I think newer viewers can get to compare the hair. very much the same. LOL

Thank you . I seriously thought I was losing my mind.

I'm withholding having an opinion yet. First few days of the new Chad, I found the acting cheesey, over the top and not appealingly at all. Now I could watch him all day. This Philip does snark well (love the 80s transam reference by Tina), waiting to see if he can show more sides.

Back