How do you feel about Rafe and Hope?

• Like them

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Hate them

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
I choose other. I like them as individuals. Not fond of them as a couple.

If that is the way the writers wish to go, then okay. I don't hate them, but I happen to have a somewhat working "Days Memory" and I know that storyline wise Hope could almost be Rafe's mom and there is nothing wrong with that. But to ignore the age differences, it will take me a while to get on board.

I like the idea of Hope and Rafe together but only after Hope gets her poop in a pile and deal with her emotional issues, family issues, and maybe through working together on taking down Deimos their relationship can grow.

I do like them together. I'm willing to get past many things to have some romance back. And I do find them romantic. At least they were friends and are slowly developing into something more. (Well, after Bo's very fast death and Aiden's very fast demise). But again, willing to get past it. Because right now, aside from Hope and Rafe, who's in a romance ? Clueless Brady and Theresa ? Kayla and Steve ? (Don't get me started about what's been done to this great couple ! :angry:) Belle and Shawn ? Oops. No. Kate and... all her men ? :sick::sick::sick: Belle and Philip ? Yeah, right. :rolleyes: The possibility of a triangle involving Ciara, Chase and Theo ? Oh, wait, the idiot writers had Chase rape Ciara... :sick::angry: And now, I'm betting Ciara only likes Theo "as a friend", though she keeps kissing him on the lips !!!!

So... Hope and Rafe ? Yes, why not ? I'm in.

I voted hate them. They are just good as friends and make excellent partners. Why complicate that and write them as a couple and then when things end they won't be the same as partners. Not only that but I see no chemistry between Rafe and Hope let alone Hope appears close to the same age as Mama H.

If Days wasn't force feeding us Rafe and Hope so much and actually let us chew and process what we are having perhaps things would be different. Besides the fact I find the couple utterly BORING and pay attention to my cell or fast forward when they're on.

I don't mind them together but I would have preferred for Rafe to be with someone that will give him children.

I mean no offense, sportzgirl, but I'm quoting this part because many here have mentioned this. And I must say I don't understand. It doesn't matter if Rafe is not the biological father of Hope's children. Nor did it matter (at least in my opinion) that he wasn't the biological father of Sami's kids. Rafe does not need someone who can "give him children". Rafe was always good with Ciara, so why not continue in that direction ? Why not have him interact more with grown up Ciara ? Why not help her, and help Hope ? Eventually, he can consider Ciara as his daughter, I mean, why not ? The blood thing does not mean anything. But again, since my husband and I adopted our children, because I couldn't "give him children" (yes, I was the one who had the difficulties and health issues), maybe I'm being overly sensitive about that. I am sorry if that is the case.

Adopting and marrying into step children are two different things. Rafe never adopted any of Sami's kids as they already had fathers. Ciara and Shawn are grown up already and are not children anymore. I want Rafe to have to raise a child from its youth and have that child call him Dad.

Both Sam's kids & now Hope's call him Rafe.

On the show, Marlena has raised her stepson, Brady, while John has raised his step children, Eric & Sami. Admittedly, all were very young.

Rafe was in the process of adopting Grace, when she passed away. And if it was not for EJ's constant interference, he might have been able to help raise Johnny & Sydney, as well. He was very good with those kids, who adored him.

I find it hard to understand anyone voting "hate them", when there ARE other options for both characters (Rafe & Hope).

I don't like Andre but don't hate him. Actually, don't hate any character, tho I may not like what some do.

That said, I really have a problem with the age difference between the CHARACTERS, as portrayed on the show, and I do like each character on their own. I am not in favor of them being paired romantically, because I do not think it will be something that will last. But I do agree the show just has NO romance........just sex. It truly is a shame the mindset that goes -once they are married that is the end of happy. Baloney. What is at an end is writers' imaginations.

Hate is a strong word, I'm not a fan, and my only options here are love or hate so I chose hate.

It feels forced to me, and it also feels like they are making Hope weaker in order for Rafe to be some kind of white knight for her. Hope's never been a damsel in distress type before, so that feels off. And Rafe's just kind of hovering the whole time, which I don't like either.

I'd rather see Hope get her poop together, parent her kid properly, and finish fighting her demons. I still feel if she'd been paying more attention to Ciara and Chase the rape mightn't have happened - Chase obviously needed some therapy after his dad died, and Hope was too busy to be the (step) parent he needed. Ciara's been a hot mess since the recast and again, very little parenting from Hope.

I'd rather see strong family stories than constant forced romance.

I also voted other, for a lot of the reasons already stated above. I like both Rafe and Hope, just not together. The age factor is a big problem for me, especially since Shawn and Rafe are approximately the same age and I feel that the show keeps Shawn away from Hope so that it is not obvious that Hope has a son that old. But those of us who have watched the show for a long time are aware of the age difference.

I, too always wanted Rafe to have a child of his own. I do want to stress, however, that it does not have to be his biological child. He can adopt. I want Rafe to have a young child that he helps to raise and will call him Dad. Ciara is already grown (and it would be even weirder if Shawn regarded him as a father figure even if he became his stepfather). For a time, he did help Sami with her children, but because Johnny and Sydney had EJ and Will and Allie had Lucas, they did not regard Rafe as their dad, and now he has no interaction with those kids since Sami is out of town with the younger kids and Will is dead.

I feel that there are other options for Rafe already on canvas. Nicole is one that comes to mind and they can either have or adopt a baby together. There is also Theresa if she ever wises up to dumb Brady. She has Tate but she can also have another baby with Rafe. There may be other options in the future.

As for Hope, she needs to deal with her emotional issues and dealing with her daughter as well as Aiden and Bo's deaths before she moves on to another relationship, hopefully with someone in her own age group.

I only used the word "hate them" as because I was quoting what it went by as a poll option. I stand by that I don't like Rafe and Hope as a couple.Their characters separately I enjoy them. Rafe and Hope are boring that's what I feel as a couple there's nothing, it's as bland as a turkey tv dinner. It's as dull as when Rafe was with Jordan, yawnworthy! Rafe needs someone like Nicole that will bring up his character more not make him boring.

Back