Possession reference today!

karibeari

Reaction score
Almost nothing makes me as happy as when they reference Marlena being possessed, so today's episode was such a treat to not only have a whole scene about it, but also the flashback scenes!

I can't explain why I love it so, but I do! Honestly, I think it's how I got my husband to start watching Days with me back when it was happening. I only wish they had showed her throwing Stefano off the balcony.

They would've had to pay his estate to use the footage. Granted, they don't get paid much for the flashbacks, but there's still money involved.

I hope this doesn't mean we'll never see reruns somewhere. I'd love to see Days from the beginning.

It seems doubtful. They had scheduled reruns on some cable channel not too long ago, but that didn't last very long. Plus, the reruns started with episodes that were "fairly" recent (around the time of Will coming out as gay).

I too would love to watch episodes from the mid 70's when I was working and had to rely on Soap Opera Digest for what was happening. And of course on the holidays when I could watch. And stuff from the 80's when the super couples were created. But I guess NBC or Sony or whoever owns these shows figure that I'd much rather watch another channel dedicated to reruns of Law and Order.

Sigh. I've never seen Law and Order. I've had people tell me that this makes me un-American. I tell them it's because by the time I was old enough to care, the immensity of that show (what, a million seasons?) scares me too much for me to start. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I too would love to watch episodes from the mid 70's when I was working and had to rely on Soap Opera Digest for what was happening. And of course on the holidays when I could watch. And stuff from the 80's when the super couples were created. But I guess NBC or Sony or whoever owns these shows figure that I'd much rather watch another channel dedicated to reruns of Law and Order.
It all boils down to dollars and cents. Law and Order reruns still bring in advertising dollars for the stations that run them on a never-ending loop. I don't think rerunning old episodes of soaps will give them the same bang for their buck.

Plus, the stations can pretty much run shows like Law and Order in any random order if they want. Whereas if they aired old soaps, they'd have to follow the set pattern.

Not an inconvenience, but TV shows that have "self contained" episodes (for the most part) are much easier to sell in syndication, than say a TV show like Lost where you have to follow the episodes in the order they were originally shown.

That was beautiful, it really was. I loved the skepticism from Vivian that launched it, and then the storyline. And how increasingly tipsy (drunk) the women got.

It was very well done and funny! It was great how Viv completely lost interest, really made me chuckle. I have enjoyed all of the scenes with the 3 together very much.

Back