Possession story

It would be interesting to know the age range on the voters.

I didn't see the possession story the first time. So far, I like it.

Glad they don't ask age ranges, but I tried to vote in that, and went to the url given, but no voting option was there??? Don't know where it was, maybe it was ended. LOL. I hated the lst possession story, very upset they began it at Christmas, desecrated a church, had Kristen naked with a painted devil symbol on her back laying on floor of church, did all sorts of horrible, ghastly things, and the exorcism finally happened at Easter. Just toooo long, too many evil, horror things.
Obviously, I wasn't the only one to felt that way. I honestly do NOT want to watch it again. EVER!

I do not want sci-fi in my soap opera. We use to get romance, heart break, love, hate, births & deaths.
Now we get crap & more crap. People come back from death like it is a natural thing. The possession story is the worst.
This reminds me that people are not as creative as they use to be.
Not only does DAYS copy their own stories REPEATEDLY,
but so does the rest of the entertainment world.
How many times do they remake movies over & over & over again.

If they needed the possession story, I would have preferred Doug to stay possessed rather than Marlena.
He did a bang up job and I am not a Marlena fan.

I, for one, am enjoying it so far. As I've said So many times before, anything that gives my Doc story is fine with me. Yes, I really hope that Doug stays involved.
The age question is interesting. I'm 70 and I love it.

I enjoy a little sci-fi or fantasy. I liked the original Possession story with Marlena. I will watch and see how they write this one. I fast forward through the rest of the stories because I haven't watched Days in several months, just read the summaries - mainly because nothing on Days has been interesting enough to watch for a long time. But since they are doing the Possession again, I will tune in and see how it goes.

i'm 37... and I didn't see the possession story the first time....but anything to do with the devil just seems... wrong to me. I guess I'm weird.
To find a positive.... the colored contacts making Doug's eyes look yellow were cool. I am sure he had a lot of fun with those. I do enjoy seeing actors/actresses having fun. I wonder how the cast would vote on the poll above? Though I'm not a fan of the possession, horror stuff... if I knew the cast was having fun doing it and liked it, it may soften me up on it. I've acted in some fun, weird shows before when I took theater at fine arts.... and I know how that feels.

I've been a cat that got to break the fourth wall and chat with the audience (my favorite play of all time. literally, I had so much fun with that show).... and I have been a robot alien girl. It was weird...and it was a hilariously fun part to play. so... I get it. and I'd be very curious if Deidre Hall (Marlena) loves the possession story line, as it gives her something different to do on screen than the usual.

The possession story line is Deidre Hall's all time favorite story line, for a lot of the reasons you've put forth. She has said so numerous times over the years.
Susan Seaforth and Bill Hayes (Julie and Doug) have said they are delighted to be part of this story and are having a blast.

I just want a well-written story, and while this is recycled, it's at least from 25 years ago and for the first time. I'll take that over another repeat love triangle or kidnapping. I also hope it's fun and campy. Days has really lacked in fun. If they turn this into another terrorizing, stressful thing, it won't be good. The streaming series showed us how nice it is with characters are allowed to be fun and adventurous.

They aren't doing the possession story everyday. It wasn't on Wed and it's not suppose to be
on today (Thursday).

The only part of this story that is interesting is Johnny wanting to make a movie and all the stuff around that. Marlena being possessed again is not interesting at all. There was a parody of The Exorcist year ago called Repossessed with Leslie Nielsen which is by far more interesting than this. Does anyone know how long this turd of a story is going to last?

So far, til Christmas.............tho that could possibly change, but doubt it.

I read an interview or maybe hear one that Marlena is invited to the ornament hanging at Christmas, and well she won't be invited back again.
Those were Deidre Hall's words, she won't be invited back again.

If so, thanks, Ron for destroying what was the holiday episode looked forward to year after year.... even though it has become a shadow of what it once was.

I agree with you Robinsnest! Ron is ruining the show with this possession storyline. I don't enjoy it at all & am hoping it will be over soon! Does anyone know, for sure, when this is going to end?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back