Pray for my family and all the families

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My son lives in downtown Long Beach in a mixed use building. Stores on the first floor, apartments above. Looting and fires are burning. He hasn't responded and the news just says downtown Long Beach. My sister in Santa Monica has looting going on two blocks from her home. The looters are running through the neighborhood to escape.

Not sure how well I will sleep tonight.

Robin, I hope your family is safe tonight. The looting is occuring here in the Bay Area (near San Francisco) as well. While Oakland and San Francisco are not surprising as protesters often hit those cities, I was shocked to see looting occurring in neighboring cities not ten minutes away from where I live.

How horrible for you and your family. Hopefully you will hear from your son soon. Bless you and I hope all will be well.

Prayers for everyone who are close to where the looters are. It's terrible that some people
can't march peacefully

What is a shame is that some folks use the "protest" excuse to break the law, run rampant, get violent, and use it all for an opportunity to steal. Innocent people are hurt, businesses ruined. Those whose friends or family are involved in the destruction are horrified and dismayed at their actions. Praying for peace, and the innocent victims are safe.

Robin, I'll pray for your family, and please add my sister to the list. She lives in Chicago, is still recovering from Covid (no longer contagious, but still weak), and lives in a building like your son. She posted on Facebook last night that looters were at the strip mall just across the street from her apartment. Normally she's pretty fearless, but she was very frightened last night as she doesn't have a car and the trains were all shut down, so she would have no way out if things got bad.

I finally heard from my son late last night. The fires were just blocks away but he was safe. It was very loud as the helicopters were overhead and sirens from emergency vehicles where everywhere bouncing off the building walls making it sound even worse. Not sure how it could be much worse. My sister's Gelson's Grocery store was hit as was the pharmacy and an art supply store just blocks away from her house.

The closest businesses to me is a trampoline place, a terrible Chinese place and a dollar store. So far they are safe.

Manda I will add your sister to the list. I'm glad she is getting better, as I put this nation on the list.

I'm so glad you heard from your son and that he's safe. Thank you for adding my sister. She mentioned to me when I texted her today that she has a friend that lives about a mile away, who's willing to take her in if she needs a place, she said she could go out the back exit away from the businesses is she needs a quick get away. I'm relieved that she has a plan.

I finally heard from my son late last night. The fires were just blocks away but he was safe. It was very loud as the helicopters were overhead and sirens from emergency vehicles where everywhere bouncing off the building walls making it sound even worse. Not sure how it could be much worse. My sister's Gelson's Grocery store was hit as was the pharmacy and an art supply store just blocks away from her house.

So happy that you heard from you son. Seem he had a frightening experience. Also sorry to hear about his sister's grocery store. Life as we know it has changed so much. Many blessings to you and your family. We pray for answers and healing for the U.S., and around the world.

I'm just now seeing this. It's horrifying that some of you have loved ones so close to this violence. There are hardly words to express how I feel about this and I couldn't say them if there were. :sad: I continue to pray for safety and deliverance for all.

Seeing this on the news is so sad, maddening, horrific and a scary situation all round. I hope your families are safe and continue to stay safe. My heart goes out to everyone.

Back