Prayers for a family

K

ktspirit

More prayers needed on this wonderful forum. My ex-husband called me this afternoon to update me on his family crises. His youngest granddaughter, age 4, has cancer and has gone through numerous treatments. The cancer has returned and she is not doing well. She is in Birmingham, AL and her home is miles and miles away in south AL. Very difficult for a young family with another child on the way.

His oldest daughter has had some serious health problems and is now diagnosed with melanoma. She and her husband have three young children.

His mother died and was buried Tuesday. Just a lot to deal with for this family.

Please pray for God's will and the strength to get them through.

Thank you.

Thank you for your prayers. Heather, thanks for the info on the Make A Wish Foundation. I looked and I am not eligible to make a request since I'm not a family member anymore, but I passed the info to my ex. Maybe little Libby will get a wish. God bless you all.

Thanks for all your prayers and concern. I usually only talk to my ex-husband occasionally and I won't call him with all this going on, but I'll try to keep you updated when I can. The last I heard was that Libby's cancer had come back in a leg (they did surgery where it had spread in her intestines and wrapped around some major organs, then chemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant) and she could lose her leg to try and keep it from spreading. I love all of you for your prayers!

Thanks all! It looks like your prayers are working. Just an update: little Libby is at home with her family and new baby sister now, seems to be doing pretty well. That's all I know and I appreciate your prayers for this family.

Back