Prayers for Charleston

DaysLady

Reaction score
Website
www.fromthepicklejar.blogspot.com
My heart is broken right now for many of my friends that knew one of the victims of the Charleston shooting that happened last night. 9 people were killed at a Bible Study in a church in Charleston, SC last night. The shooter sat in the Bible Study and listened to God's word for an hour then stood up and shot them dead.

The shooter was arrested today in North Carolina, his name is Dylann Roof. Please pray for Dylann and his family as well- this tragedy affects all of us.

Among the 9 was Pastor Clementa Pinckney, who is dear friends with many of my pastor friends as he is a graduate with them from the same seminary. A close friend of mine knew him well and I cry with him.

I have cried today for the loss of people I don't even know. I visit Charleston often and it is a beloved place in my heart.In fact, I'll be there again in just a few weeks. Pray for justice. Pray for peace. Pray for mercy. Just pray for all those affected.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/police-responding-to-shooting-at-a-church-in-downtown-charleston/33641252

Prayers being offered now, and was watching TV when the call came over the news as a break in, and when it was reported that the people in the church was holding a prayer meeting, it was an instant call to talk to our Lord. I offer prayers for all of those poor unlucky persons of the Church that was shot, and thanks Days Lady, for bringing it to the attention to all of us, as to the details. I am so thankful that they caught him. Now the healing period in that beautiful old town can start on the road to forgetting. Healing will take some time. Special prayers go to the family of the Preacher of the church, as he was newly elected to the State Legislature, and he leaves two young children, and they will need all our prayers. May God Bless Them.

Once again this nation is brought to our knees. Once again we mourn the victims of a mad man. I am reminded of a line in the old song "Blowing In The Wind". How many deaths will it take till we know that too many people have died.

Lord, I ask that you comfort all those affected by this. Only You can grant us peace. Amen

Also sad, this person did it because he hated them because of the color of their skin. His words this morning are "I was trying to start a race war." And his jacket has white supremist patches on it.
I'm infuriated by this! I think a trial is a waste of resources. Just execute him in the street for all to see! My heart hurts. I just hate hate. I don't understand the notion that one skin color or hair color or nail color or eye color or whatever else color is on your body makes one superior or inferior... we are all God's children, brothers and sisters are we! This was an African American church, and they welcomed this skinny white kid into their Bible Study and prayed right there with him. And he still hated them enough to kill them in cold blood.

Here's something I am happy to see: This person wanted a race war.... instead, people of all race and nationality gathered today to pray inside the church, hold hands, and show each other love. He didn't get the race war he wanted-- instead he brought us closer together.
TAKE THAT SATAN!!!! GOD ALWAYS PREVAILS!!! LOVE ALWAYS WINS!!!

Very sad indeed. I was equally saddened to learn that the boy's father gifted him the gun as a birthday present. Keeping the victims and families in my thoughts and prayers.
Heather- they have since said that was misinformation. He bought the glock himself. His father didn't gift it to him.

One of the most interesting and precious things in the world, is how God can use the hurtful, hateful, dastardly things that Demotic filled persons do. and with some of His special"love glue" He is able to rebuild and replenish the most horrendous acts of the cowards, and criminals, and use this for the rebuilding of cities, areas, States, individuals who will not understand, He can replenish the hearts, and souls, and minds of persons, and He dearly loves the ones who hurt the most, even the persons who proclaim not to need Him, and sit on their wealth, He loves them also, all they have to do is call out to Him. He can heal the broken hearted, and the down and out will find Him every where. God loves us so much, and when we hurt so terribly, His heart bleeds along with our's, but He made us, and can rebuild us from the inside out. Love Him, and keep the eyes glancing skyward, He has an appointment with us, and only He knows when that day will come, it is NYE. Job is a good book to read over, when we think we have it rough.

My thoughts, prayers and love go out to all the victims' families, to the church community and to the city of Charleston. This was such an inexcusable and hideous act but through this darkness, there will be light and love. I see the love and the light and it is shining so much brighter in that community then it ever has. God Bless

th

Back