Prayers for my best friend please

DaysLady

Reaction score
Website
www.fromthepicklejar.blogspot.com
My friend is more like a sister to me. Her first baby boy was named Ethan-Riley Dakota and he was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoma Leukemia at 11 months old and passed away in her arms when he was 3 and a half years old. (He actually stayed at my house the last two weekends because he just wanted to be with my daughter, who was his best little buddy.)

Today, she is about to give birth to another baby boy. His name will be Thomas (because Riley's favorite toy was Thomas the train) Mack (after her step-dad who passed away a year before Riley did.) It is already a very emotional day for all involved.

Please pray for a safe delivery for mom and baby, and pray for emotional peace. Many tears have already been shed and baby Thomas isn't even here yet.

Sweet Thomas, you have no idea how much you are loved, and how long your mommy has waited to hold you in her arms.

I'm headed up there as soon as I can. When baby boy arrives, I'll be sure to post a picture of Aunt Stephy (ME) holding him!!!

I just saw this and I thank God for baby Thomas.

I have to fight back some tears. This really hits close to my heart. My sister passed away from the same thing before I was born. In Dec.1951 two months before 3rd birthday. Even though we never "met" my big sister has always been in my life. So, I know little Thomas will feel the same about Riley. May God bless this family.

Back