Prayers for my boss

b2curious

Reaction score
He's really my bosses boss now that I'm in a different building. I've been getting my info 3rd and 4th hand until this afternoon. Things are worse than I thought. My boss, Robert, collapsed at his home Monday morning - they think it was a heart attack. Thankfully he was able to alert his wife, who called 911. Paramedics got his heart beating again, and breathing was re-established at the hospital. He was kept sedated until yesterday. The preliminary EGG showed only reflexive brain activity. Today's more extensive EGG put his brain activity at a 4, when it should be 8-10. Doctors are going to do another one tomorrow before they make a diagnosis. We really need a last minute miracle.

Your Boss has my heart felt warmest prayers, and we place him into the hands of our Lord, and let Him have His Will be done. We love You and Trust You Lord to do what has to be done with the
Boss, and we know you will protect, and direct the medical staff. I will not forget to add Robert, the Boss, to the top of my Prayer List, and wish you all the best. God does work miracles... Hang in there.

We used to stand in a circle during prayer service at my church, and we all just knew it gave us extra strength while we were all there and connected, and all praying the same thing, at the same time. There is something to this, so we will pretend that all of us on this end of the spectrum, is standing together, arm in arm, and with what we called "round robin" prayers offered by the members, as it goes around the circle. Hang in there. Our Heavenly Father has a middle name, it is Miracle, and He is the one that can bring us peace, and healing, and the love we need to be able to face the things coming up during the days ahead. Wishing you all peace, and contentment where we are.

ONE more thing, my Grandmother used to say, she thought it was simple. She always thought, first comes contentment as to where we are, where we live, what monies we earn, and our place in the scheme of things, and then through steadfast prayer, we find the peace. Good luck Curious, and look up, Our Lord is available for the asking, just for all of you who will be on the front lines, and especially for your boss.

Here is what I am able to piece together from what I have been told and the Facebook page. When Robert had his heart attack, his brain went without oxygen for a while. As a result, he is now in a vegetative state. From Merck Manual - "A vegetative state is absence of responsiveness and awareness due to overwhelming dysfunction of the cerebral hemispheres, with sufficient sparing of the diencephalon and brain stem to preserve autonomic and motor reflexes and sleep-wake cycles. Patients may have complex reflexes, including eye movements, yawning, and involuntary movements to noxious stimuli, but show no awareness of self or environment."

From the Facebook page: On Friday "Robert still hasn't been moved yet, AURORA is doing some checking on organ donation. When a bed opens up at a hospice facility they will move him then. Please continue to pray for peace and comfort for the family."

Late Sunday "Roberts condition still hasn't changed. Still waiting on a bed at hospice. Please continue to pray for the family's peace, comfort, patience and support. Julie [his wife] has been so strong and gives all glory to God. We may never have the answers in this life but God is writing this story and we know it ends in "happily ever after""

Been putting off coming here with this update. At approximately 4:30 am, on Monday, May 4th, my boss, COL Robert Smothers of the Arkansas Army National Guard, passed away.

Reactions: YPG
Back