Prayers for my grandma

Heather4CU

Reaction score
I just found out from my mom that my grandma is not doing well at all and likely won't make it thru the weekend. She just turned 93 and is just giving up. Not really sick per se. She has been lying in bed and not eating the last couple days so my parents think the worst is imminent. I'm heading up to the Bronx to see her now. My grandma helped raise me so I feel very close to her. I appreciate any prayers you can say for her. Thanks.

Heather - I am sending you prayers during this difficult time. My maternal grandmother helped raise me and lived with me and my parents, so I can understand your deep bond. Your grandma has lived a long life, and that is something to celebrate. If her time is near, having you and your family with her is a blessing. Whatever happens at this time, please know that good thoughts are out in The Universe for you.:hug:

Thanks for the prayers everyone. We spent a long day with her and painstakingly decided to leave her alone in peace for the night. We did each say individual good byes in case we don't have the opportunity to do so again. Now we just wait and keep praying.

My grandma passed away peacefully on her own this morning. She was surrounded by family and love the last 2 days of her life so I'm sure she knew that. We all had a chance to spend some private time with her and say good-bye as well.

It doesn't take the pain away but I know she is at peace and with my grandpa again. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts.

Back