Prayers for Newtown, CT.

ShaSha

Reaction score
:cry:My heart goes out to all the families of the Children that were killed in this senseless attack...Why this man did this, is beyond me....The story is still unfolding, but clearly, something must be done to protect our children in what is supposed to be a safe zone...

Family, Friends,Neighbors need to pay more attention to those around them and be aware of bizarre behavior....Parents pay attention to what your children are doing on their computers. Anything that we can do to be more AWARE...GOD BLESS THE LITTLE CHILDREN WHO PERISHED in Sandy Hook Elementary....ShaSha

My heartfelt prayers were being said all day and evening yesterday. With the vast coverage by all the networks, into the evening and the services at the churches, one could not help but pray for all these families. God Bless them, and help them get through this, and as the Monsignor said....know their children are in God's arms.

So horrible! Those poor families. Imo strickter gun laws as well as getting rid of these over the top violent video games. Take a young man with some obvious mental issues, have him play extreamly violent, very real looking video games and SNAP! JMO But i really think there is something to this.

This unthinkable act is beyond understanding. These families & all the children are in my prayers. The parents of the deceased........words cannot describe their shock & grief --- they will be in my prayers for years. Only God can comfort this kind of deep hurt.

I offer my prayers, too. I don't see how I could even begin to heal for a long time, even with God.

Just such a tragic and senseless death of innocents by a very troubled young man! It really hurt my heart hearing the news!
My prayers are with the families and friends of all the children and adults who were killed !
I will be Praying for them for a long time.
Hugs to you all,
Joan

This has completely taken over my thoughts this weekend. My faith in God is completely shaken, it has been waivering for awhile but this might just be the tipping point for me. Not sure. I need to process.

Either way, the thought of someone harming these kids in such a blatant manner is sickening.

There needs to be better, more available and less "shunned" access to mental health services. I have no idea if the guy was in any form of counseling but I know many suffer through mental illness and depression hearing things like "it'll pass", "suck it up, someone always has it worse", etc etc.

There are no words to how deeply this upset me. My heart is broken for everyone involved in the whole tragedy.

My son up in Toronto...who rarely gets on the phone to call, text me yesterday and told me he loved me and told me to stay safe. I think that says it all right now...we may never understand why this happens nor ever learn to prevent it.....all you can do is to cherish the moments you have with your loved ones and pray for those who no longer do.

Degaprincess - I've been there, I understand. But realize this, we have FREE WILL given to us BY GOD. That even means all men are capable of doing evil. God exists, and He is there for us in the bad times as well as the good. Hang in there, honey. It's a tough road - LIFE.

May we all count our blessings, and live life to the fullest. We have no guarantees. Laugh, Live, and Love as often as you can. Cry when you need to, get angry if you have to. Enjoy your life, the simple things, and most importantly, hold close your family and friends.
My prayers and sincerest sympathies to the families and friends of the victims. It is truly a senseless act of violence when something like this occurs..but makes it more unbelievable and infuriating when little innocent lives are taken away. GOD BLESS YOU ALL, Spectator Family!!

As the coverage of the memorial services play out on my screen, I find my heart is so broken for these parents, children, and friends of the lost. My words at prayer are imperfect but I believe our perfect God is the only one who can comfort them.

So horrible! Those poor families. Imo strickter gun laws as well as getting rid of these over the top violent video games. Take a young man with some obvious mental issues, have him play extreamly violent, very real looking video games and SNAP! JMO But i really think there is something to this.
i completely disagree. ...but for now I'll leave it at that.

Lord, comfort the families of the beautiful children and staff of Sandy Hook Elementary that are now in Heaven with you. Bring peace to the hearts of all those who grieve in our nation. Amen!

Oh, how we long for the day when the Lord comes again--- Come, Lord Jesus! Come QUICKLY!!!!!

The title of this thread is PRAYERS for Newton, CT.

Please do not interject thoughts and opinions on other issues within this thread. I know we all have our thoughts about this tragedy, and it's victims, but please stay within the context of the thread. Most who come in here only want to offer their prayers and comfort to the families of the victims....and not to debate other subjects.
Thank you.

Those little angels are wrapped in the loving arms of Jesus. God help the families with their grief, and the knowledge their loved ones will always be with them, in their hearts.

Saw this on Facebook and thought I would share. So beautiful.

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA

Oh, that is just beautiful. Thank you, Sparks......

When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world.” — Mister Rogers

For those trying to find something in this that can give you courage to hang in there (DegaPrincess) Mr. Rogers mum has said so much. From the teachers whose bravery and sense during this who saved lives, while sometimes losing their own, to the janitor giving out the alarm, to the police, firemen, and para medics on the scene, yes, look for the helpers.

Dega, if God does not seem to be there now, he has sent helpers.
Mr.-Rogers.jpg

The image of Mister Rogers that went viral, along with a quote from the children’s television host, after the Newtown shootings. (Jim Judkis)
A

The%20Child[5]22.jpg Twas''s 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 When 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate. Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there. They were filled wit h such joy, they didn't know what to say. They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day. "where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse. "this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house." When what to their wondering eyes did appear, But Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near. He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name. And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring Those children all flew into the arms of their King And as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, One small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face. And as if He could read all the questions she had He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad." Then He looked down on earth, the world far below He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, "Let My power and presence re-enter this land!" "may this country be delivered from the hands of fools" "I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!" Then He and the children stood up without a sound. "come now my children, let me show you around." Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can. And i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, "in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT." Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA (Charlie & Linda’s neighbor Mary Ann Schwartz’s, hometown Friend!)
528364_517081744982224_1072623594_n.jpg

Back