Prayers please for child with a brain tumor

12-16-2015

I received this update from Savannah's Dad early this morning. Please keep the prayers going up for her.

Thank you,
Shirley

I wanted to take this opportunity to update everyone on Savannah's condition and to express how grateful we are to each and everyone of you for your continued support. Savannah was very excited today when she open the package everyone sent her. She was in tears saying to me that we are so lucky to have so many people that are nice to us and if we could donate some new toys to kids that aren't as lucky as her.

I have to say that as a parent that was a very proud moment for me that brought tears to my eyes knowing that I'm raising her the right way, and even though she's facing a difficult time the next several months that she is concerned more about other children not getting gifts.

Savannah will be starting her radiation next week on Monday for the next six weeks Monday through Friday with one Chemo treatment each week starting the week after Christmas. She had her consultation at CHOPS yesterday with the Radiation Team as well as the Oncologist Team. They had to put permanent tattoo marks on her chest which she didn't care for very much. They also had to make a mesh mask for her face as she can't move her head during treatment which is about an hour long because the first thirteen session require the entire brain and spinal area to receive radiation.

After that point she will have 10 sessions where she will receive radiation to entire brain without the spinal areas. The remaining sessions will only be given at the location of the tumor. After that she will receive nine months of Chemo which will be on a 42 day cycle but they have what's called A schedule and a B schedule where they will administer the two different Chemo drugs apart from one another.

Her walking and sight are slowly showing signs of improvement. She gets fatigued very easily and needs to utilize a walker or wheelchair. Otherwise her mental state seems to be doing well at this point. I wish you all a goodnight and I will check in with you all tomorrow after her appointment with her local pediatrician.

God bless and have a good night.
Savvy, Melanie , and PJ

Tell her that when she gets older, she can always cover the tatoo marks with a pretty tatoo - though she may have to wait until she's 18 to do it. :)
I can see why her dad is so proud of her, a very generous young lady. Prayers continue.

Back