Prayers please, my dad passed away

Thank you for sharing this with us. Praying for you and your family in the difficult days still to come. May God give you all strength....and peace. Blessings!

Oh my goodness. Y'all, my sister and I had to gasp for air when we saw the church doors open for us to walk in. It was PACKED. Standing room only, and they even filled the choir loft. My dad was the kind of person who went out of his way to make everyone he met feel like family, and the tables at the "family meal" that were reserved for family had people that weren't technically family sitting at them. It's just the way my dad made them feel. He left an impact on so many people. It was so moving and we are honored by everyone that attended. What a light he was in this world. The number of people crying with us says everything about who my dad was. He was so loved.

He wasn't perfect by any means, so he is proof that it's not your imperfections that people care about really. What matters most is love and kindness. It was overwhelming to see so many people!!! Wow!! God is good. I miss my dad though. Man, I miss that man. It's not fair. A man of that caliber should get to be here longer than 64 years. I look forward to the day I get to see him again in Heaven. Oh, what a glorious day that will be!! I bet he is absolutely full of joy to be with his parents and his two nephews again. Oh, what a joyous reunion. My heart aches, but my smile is still there. I am going to do my best to make him proud. And I promised him I'd take care of mama.

I am so sorry, I'm just now taking the time to read each sweet message. I have cried through it. I appreciate each of you so much. I miss my dad so so much. We are all still so broken, but healing. His birthday was January 16th, he would have been 65 years young. God is good and we will heal.

Back