Pros and Cons - Rafe and Carrie!

Cdnsnowbird

Reaction score
I've only been a member of this Board for a week now and new to posting in Forums so please forgive any miscues :) Wish I'd known about this Site before....it is really addictive and for the most part...lots of fun!

It would appear that most members of this Board are/were anti-Rafe/Carrie. But that is not the case with me and here is why:

:OT: I started watching Days in 1987 & was a big fan of Roman & Diana's storyline in Greece. Then there was John & Isabella - loved them! Also loved storylines with Kristen/Susan (and am anxiously awaiting the return of Eileen Davidson!). Then I stopped watching Days for quite awhile (STUPID!)...came back for the reboot last fall.

I was completely taken in by the Rafe/Carrie storyline - thought their chemistry was great but did notice that the attraction was more her for him than vice-versa. I wasn't aware of the history with Rafe and Sami (and I'm really regretting that I didn't watch DAYS when Galen Gering (Rafe) debuted in 2008).
I was sad to see Carrie leave and couldn't quite understand why she would think he would ultimately be happy with Sami ...and not Nicole....or someone new.

BUT It was an 'eye-opener' for me when I listened to Galen's podcast last month and learned that he was disappointed in the direction the old writers took with his character.....I felt that he and Christie Clark took what the writers gave them and 'sold it' big time...

EJ was also a new character to me last fall...,.and I didn't know about the rape (which is being discussed so much here) because I didn't follow Days then. Therefore my impression of EJ (and Rafe and Melanie and Chad etc) has only been based on shows that aired since last Oct at the Horton Square Opening celebration.

I guess my point is that we all develop 'our favourites' and can be uplifted or crushed by what happens to them on the screen....and maybe I felt a little 'taken aback' by the negativity of the posters here who were so glad to see the end of Austin...and especially Carrie.

So glad to see the new writers are On Board now...and can hardly wait to see in what direction they take Dudley Do-right...er Rafe!

Welcome, I can truly appreciate hearing your thoughts because you didn't see the whole sorted pasts of these characters, because of how many times the writing team has changed I choose to stay in the here and now and will continue to do so until we have a writing team that sticks around and we can maybe get some roots sewn back into the show, I didn't like the Rafe and Sami pairing so that was not why I didnt like Carrie with Rafe, I hated Carrie and Marlena because of how they were together (and I was a person who was eexcited to see Marlena again, however her scenes with Carrie ruined it for me and I no longer like her ) Rafe has a backstory that I really want brought out in a big way and I in no way shape or form want to see hin be more than friends with Sami, Lucas too for that matter. I am really excited to get your thoughts about some of the characters that you were unfamiliar with, and again welcome. :)

welcome.gif cdnshowbird. Does that mean Canadian Snow Bird? Cute name. Now that you have found us, I hope you won't be a stranger. Despite some comments of the last two days, I assure you that we are a friendly bunch...and we don't bite. We may heartily disagree with you at times but we will not question your opinions or chide you for having them.

Welcome to our board. We are diverse in opinions and respect each other's POV. Thanks for sharing yours!

I'm not a fan of Carrie/Rafe but understand your frustration. I was a fan of Jack & Jen and look where that got me!

Welcome, fellow Canadian ! :) Great to have you here, and feel free to share. Like KathyLu said, we don't bite.

As per your sentiments regarding Carrie and Rafe, I was not against them either (see, I can admit that :D) , mainly because I am one of those viewers who can't stand Sami. But what bottered me was the timing. If the writers truly wanted them together, they should have waited until Sami's "indiscretion" was known. Instead, I believe they tried to justify Sami's actions, or in some way make things even, by having Rafe lust after Carrie, or was it the other way around ? Anyway, after a few rounds, it did not work for me and I could not get behind them anymore. Plus, the writers had to dumb down Autin, so basically, this possible pairing/storyline got ruined before it even started, like many storylines under the old writing regime.

Now, like you, I'm hoping the new writing staff will make things better.

None taken. You are right KathyLu. Still, poor guy, I felt compelled to give him a break. :D

I
I was completely taken in by the Rafe/Carrie storyline - thought their chemistry was great but did notice that the attraction was more her for him than vice-versa. I wasn't aware of the history with Rafe and Sami (and I'm really regretting that I didn't watch DAYS when Galen Gering (Rafe) debuted in 2008).
If you want I can send PM a youtube link to all of Rafe's story since his debut.

Welcome, cdnsnowbird! I totally agree with you...if I had just met Rafe & Carrie in October, I would not have hated their being together. BUT I am a hardcore Austin & Carrie fan from the 1990s - sounds like you were watching during that time? I also agree with TheWriter, it was too soon, and generically done by the new writers to make EJ and Sami's "hate boink" (which is not my term) seem less hateful and wrong.

Thanks to all above for your warm 'welcomes' and constructive comments.:hug:

@KathyLu - Snowbirds are what you Americans in the warm South call us Canadians who head to Florida, Arizona, etc. to escape our cold winters (unfortunately I might call myself one...but don't find myself among them now ...maybe when I'm retired!)

@jnta..thanks for your offer - I'm interested..but what does PM mean?

PM stands for personal message, you'll see an alert informing you that you have a message once I've sent it.

HUGS AND WELCOME Cdnsnowbird! Good to have another new "face". We DO have our strong opinions about our favorites, and our NOT so favorites. :) It's all fun...some of us (like me)have been watching for many years (i won't say how many and give away my age!!) and some are new fans. Its a great mix. Because of this board I've found a LOT of caring and sweet people! Look forward to seeing more of your posts!! :D

Welcome to our safe and opinionated community! But that’s what makes it fun…

No Rafe and Carrie never worked, if you would watch the beginning of Rafe and Sami’s in the safehouse you would have a better idea of what Rafe and Sami are about, and that Carrie thought she was the little princess that could lie, and cheat and it was just fine with the world!

i think it depend with who you talk my opinion on rafe and carrie is almost same i have on opinion have on rafe and sami
despite most people the problem of the pairing of carrie and rafe was about did not like the writing about rafe
my problem i not consider myself carrie fan but still i find unbelievable to carrie fall on rafe when austin did nothing wrong [unlike when she had feeling for mike]while at least when rafe seem to have bit feeling it after sami cheat on him [ he could suspect that on his subconscious after she how she beaving]and push him away

btw from which year you stop watching days?

Welcome!
My main problem with Carrie and Rafe was that it was the reverse of the Sami and Austin story years ago.:beat: Instead of Sami going after Carrie's man this time it was Carrie going after Sami's man. It was almost a revenge move (especially since she left with Austin...I felt bad for Rafe being put in the middle). Carrie not only hurt Rafe and Sami, but I'd bet that, in the end, she hurts Austin also. I just hope Kate is around with her machete if she does. :)

@stellasamifam Glad you are pro-Rafe....and we might still see Rafe/Nicole...we just don't know in what direction the new writers will go.

Welcome!
My main problem with Carrie and Rafe was that it was the reverse of the Sami and Austin story years ago.:beat: Instead of Sami going after Carrie's man this time it was Carrie going after Sami's man. It was almost a revenge move (especially since she left with Austin...I felt bad for Rafe being put in the middle). Carrie not only hurt Rafe and Sami, but I'd bet that, in the end, she hurts Austin also. I just hope Kate is around with her machete if she does. :)

Krw - You're probably right - I can't recall the Sami/Austin story that well but certainly agree that Carrie did hurt Rafe in the long run - by her constant waivering between her husband and him ....let's hope Rafe can find true love and happiness soon - he certainly deserves it:)

btw from which year you stop watching days?

Actually I'm trying to remember....maybe early 2000's...but I'm totally hooked again now and am glad to know there are lots of other DAYS die-hards on this site!

Back