Puttin' on the Ritz . . . . . in Moscow

MystFaerie

Reaction score
Every now and then, something truly joyful comes over the wires, or through the tubes, or out of thin air, whatever.

Hard to believe how much of our culture Russia has adopted. Great Flash Mob!

As the person who sent this to a friend observed:

"What a crazy, delightful ever- changing world! Who could have thought that in 2012 young people in Moscow would put on a "flash mob" happening, dancing to an 83 year old American song written by a Russian born American Jew (Irving Berlin)?"

click here -> http://www.youtube.com/embed/KgoapkOo4vg?rel=0

for you, Barb!

I know what a pain it is for you to watch videos on your computer - I have the same frustrating problem.
20 seconds (if I'm lucky) of video followed by 20 seconds or more of buffering! GRRRRRR!

LOL, which is what is happening to me right now. Cannot get over the temps there must be frigid, there are snowflakes here and there. Will get to the music eventually, hopefully.

What an absolutely FUN time was had by all. Seems that wedding party was having just as much fun as everyone else. Loved it. Thank you!

Thank you, Myst. Couldn't watch it on the computer because of all the buffering. Watched it on the phone in one fell swoop. LOVED IT!! It has over 6 million views.

The wedding party knew all of the dance moves, but the bride and groom seemed surprised when they first got out of the limo. I wonder if they were the dance teachers, and this was part of their wedding present????
__________________________________________________________________________________________
OK, just went to find this on youtube instead of clicking on the link. The other postings of it with English say that the flashmob was done for the couple on their wedding day, and they had been taught the dance supposedly to do with their bridal party at their wedding reception.

It also said that the large paved area is a huge overlook for a Moscow scenic area where a lot of couples go for picture taking after their weddings. This couple had the stop planned, and that's why the flashmob was set up for there.

Sorry to go on about it, but I love to hear why times and places were chosen for the flashmobs.

I got it in an E-mail with a link and the "story" that I posted with it. Didn't look it up anywhere for more info on it.
I was wondering about the wedding party "just happening" on the scene! Too much of a coincidence.

Squirrel, if you have a better link, share it!

I went to the you tube site, and there are thousands of comments but did not find any info like Squirrelly did. I quit at page 51 or so. There is no "description" that I could find....(and I tried this before Squirrel posted her find)...
Myst...on the link you provided, in the lower right hand corner of the video, it says "watch on you tube". That is what I clicked.

Loved this and thanks for posting it Myst!!! What a happy post for me to open this morning:) I will be singing that song all day long...
Hugs, Joan

Thanks for posting this. I was very surprised that I didn't have to wait on any buffering time at all. Loved the song, and what a pretty bride, with her red hair and white coat! This is probably my favorite of the flash mobs I've seen.

About the cold weather and coats, my son and d-i-l were in Moscow at this very time last year finalizing their adoption of a 5 yr. old girl, then they had to go back and pick her up in Sept. Remember what a brutally hot summer we had, and it went on throughout September. Well, the little girl was wearing her coat with hood when they got her and she absolutely would not take it off, even after they got back here into the stiffling heat. I kid you not, she kept right on wearing that coat and even went to bed in it at night--for a very long time. Her new mommy would take it off after she was asleep but it had to go right back on as soon as she woke up. Lol......Just one of many quirks they had to deal with.

Back