Queens

Jen67

Reaction score
Has anyone here checked out the new ABC series "Queens"? I found it on one night
I was flipping through the channels and since then watched the rest of the shows on On Demand. It's pretty cool. It is about a girl group in the 1990s that made it big with their hit "Nasty Girls" but broke up soon after due to inner fighting and jealousy. Fast forward to 2021 and these women, now in their 40s, are called back by their former manager to put on a reunion performance on the BET awards. The four women, who are all experiencing issues in their private lives, jump at the chance to perform together and even decide to try to revitalize the group, with subsequent episodes following them as they try to make it in today's music market. The cast includes Eve, Brandy, Naturi Naughton, Nadine Velazquez. Precious Way (ex Chanel) has a recurring role as Brandy's daughter on the show as well.

I really like this series but it possibly will not make it past season one as it is experiencing low ratings from the beginning. I hope over the holidays ABC tries to push it a little more so that it can gain some interest. The first five episodes were really good and has piqued my interest in a way no new prime time show has in a while. It airs on ABC Tuesday nights at 10.

Back