Question about Hula TV

the look of love

Reaction score
I have been kinda frustated with my tv server. does anyone know much about Hula TV? Like what does it offer and cost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have only watched the free Hulu .When you pay you get more but I think there are commercials...I know there are short commercials on the free version. I like it only Days is like a Day behind. The free can only be watched on the PC while the paid version can be watched on your tv if you have one of those boxes. I have read pros and cons Hulu vs Netflix (which I have) From what I understand the extras on a dvd are available on Hulu but not on Netflix Netflix no commercials but yes on Hulu. Both have free trials .Netflix gives you a month its 7.99 Hulu Plus 7.99 also but only a 1 week trial I think. I assume that is a monthly price for Hulu Plus

So are they both "servers"? By that I mean do you hook up to the internet via them?

I thought both were just to watch TV programs or movies????? But you cannot watch the same kind of stuff you do on regular TV (i.e. local news, various cable channels???)

well I downloaded the free version of hula last night and so far I am not to impressed but I am trying to figure out if I would save money with hula or would I end up spending any savings on headache pain relief:confused:

From what I understand Hulu isn't exactly an ISP so it isn't technically a server. If one has Hulu (or Netflix, or a ROKU box) that same person needs Internet service to be able to use streaming services.

the look of love, if you are unhappy with your television provider, whether cable, satellite, or over the air, you can also visit the network or channel's website to stream shows, news, and more, or even just watch them on your computer.

I have only used the free Hulu and have never used Netflix but family members have, through their gaming systems (Wii, PS3). They both have their positives and negatives like Soaphead mentioned above.

Here's a few links that I hope are ok to put in here for a few sites that you can stream TV and Movies from for free. It is also advised to have a pop up blocker since most free sites use advertising to remain free. If it isn't allowed and the links are removed, feel free to message me and I can provide them for anyone.

Let Me Watch This:
http://www.1channel.ch

Watch Series Online free:
http://www.watchseries-online.eu/

The Watch Series site is pretty good, having older shows and current ones. Episodes are usually uploaded that night or the next day.

But you cannot watch the same kind of stuff you do on regular TV (i.e. local news, various cable channels???)

Streaming would probably be very frustrating for you since I believe you have a slower Internet connection from what I have read on previous threads containing videos. Usually a higher DSL speed can be used okay with streaming, as long as your computer also has a good amount of RAM.

Most local news stations nowadays have their own website and stream their newscasts both while it is Live and playing, and after the news has been broadcasted as well. If you do a search (Google, Yahoo, whatever search engine you use) on the local stations call letters (WESH, WFTV, W..., K...) you can usually find their site to watch local news.

No theres no local stuff its just tv shows and movies . It does go through the internet,the free Hulu through my PC and Netflix though my bluray player on tv and pc. Its really IMO just extra stuff to watch.

Back