Question for you

I generally watch live or semi - live. It makes watching the show shorter if I start watching about 1:15 and FF through the commercials. I have FF'd Jordan stuff and some teen scene stuff but otherwise watch everything. Re: sex scenes, for me it depends on who is in them. If I like the couple then I have no problem watching but if I find them gross then I'll FF. Case in point, EJ/Abby=HOT, EJ/Sami=NOT; Rafe/Sami=HOT, Rafe/Jordan=NOT.

I don't FF the commercials even when I really want to so that the ratings point counts; that is, unless the show stinks. For me, it stinks if there's too much EJ/Sami love, or lately with Sami going over the top about how she loved EJ and defended him, blah blah. When Abby slapped Eve, I fast forwarded for the first time in over a month. I do mute Daniel's scenes often, though.

As a general rule, I mute/FF/skip Daniel, Jennifer, and EJ/Sami love, no matter how good the rest of the episode is.

The teen scene gets zapped on an otherwise slow day.

I never skip around in an episode featuring EJ/Abby, Lucas, Victor, Ciara, or Nicole in snark-mode. (Though when we were going through the days of Nicole and Daniel talking about her telling Eric the truth - my mute button was well-worn.)

I watch live, but if the scene is boring or those I don't care for, I use that time to do something. On the rare occassions I do use DVD, I FF commercials, repetitive scenes, screaming matches and sex scenes. Many years ago a guy at work said, re: the change in movies--sex is not a spectator sport!! I agree.

When I used to watch, I would fast-forward through commercials and anything which didn't interest me. Currently, I am not watching due to the abhorrence felt for the EJ/Sami pairing as well as lack of respect displayed by the writers for characters' histories. But, if I were watching, I would be fast-forwarding EJ/Sami (not so much now with his being in jail and Sami seeming to be up to something), ANYthing Hope (hate her the most out of any Days' character), Brady (don't like seeing him high/drunk all the time), Rafe/Jordan, Will/Sonny, Theresa, Eve, and (probably) Kate.

Edited to add: And Anne and Jennifer.

Might I ask, Jason-why did you not like Abby slapping Eve?
I'd like to answer that... Abby slapped Eve because she needed to feel morally superior. She wasn't just mad about her daddy's wishes, she had just been skewered by one of Salem's worst women for screwing her fiance.

As for why I ff some scenes... In the case of Jordan and most anyone in her story is boring. It's taken so long to move forward that I just don't care about it. And in the long run it's not going to have much impact. I also ff a lot of Paige. Her character has no spark at all.

deleted comments pertaining to actors...JS

Might I ask, Jason-why did you not like Abby slapping Eve?

I found their entire fight sophomoric and stupid. Eve is being written with less than one dimension. I get it, Abby is angry at herself, in confrontation mode, etc; and along comes Eve, ready to sink her hooks into Jen's daughter. I don't like how this story is being written. I thought it was great Abby wanted to get her mind of her mess, but COME ON, if she had EVEN ONCE mentioned the vets or her dad's wishes, I might believe she gave a crap. But she was practically pushing Daniel and Jennifer together within a month after her dad died saving her. She is NOT one to speak of what Jack wished, or the vets, in my opinion.

Overall I feel these characters deserve better. I also felt it was an un-Abby like way to act, as well. Just my opinion. But I would have been cheering if she had gotten riled up, taken a deep breath, and calmly walked away, like an adult. I also liked it better when they were writing Eve as less of the grudge-holder (for that day or two there last week) and Jen was the one bringing up the past. This story could work without the childish animosity.

Jason with a DVR does it matter what age you are with the ratings.

I have a VCR so nothing I watch counts at all.

I'm no expert, but I believe they have the most generic of demographic data for DVR viewers.

Back