Quick and Easy Taco Soup

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
Since it's getting colder, I thought I'd share one of my new favorite quick and simple recipes.. I made this in the crock pot a few weeks ago with 1 pound of Ground Chuck and 1 pound of country sausage.. Fantastic, and I still have some in the fridge for nomnoms...

taco soup.jpg

mm, sounds yummy
It really, really is, but like all things made in a crockpot, it's even better the second and third day.. :)

Surprisingly, I have all theses items on hand!
That's how I ended up making it. I've got one of those "Ninja 3-in-1 cooking systems" (aka Ninja brand crock pot) and it truly was a one-pot meal.

I opened the cans of beans/corn into a colander, drained and rinsed them, while I was browning the meat in the crock pot. I turned out the meat into the colander to drain, then dropped it all back into the crock pot and added the rest on low. When I got home, the house smelled divine...

I ate one bowl, let it cool, divided the rest into pyrex containers, dropped them into the fridge for safe keeping and it just keeps getting better every time I eat another bowl.

You can also try shredding some chicken breast up instead of beef, IMHO, you kinda need something with a little bit of bite like the ground sausage to make it really stand out...

Thanks for finding this and bringing it to the top, Lovey.. It does sound good and easy...I love easy!!!
Welcome to the board!!!

Thank you. Have an awesome day.

I’m going to add sour cream to mine when I serve it & cheese for toppings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back