Rafe - Rafe/Hope

I love Hope and Rafe. They have a great friendship which makes a great base for an intimate relationship. I think they have good chemistry as actors playing off one another and the chemistry could heighten if their relationship could be given a chance and they weren't facing interference - constantly.

I am not a fan of the Hope and Rafe pairing I see no chemistry between them.

Sami and Rafe had awesome chemistry and a wonderful love story before she cheated. After that I had hoped for a Nicole and Rafe pairing, they have amazing chemistry together in my opinion .

Not sure why the age things is a big deal. The actors playing Aiden and Rafe are two months apart and both are same age as Anne Milbauer's portrayer. The actress who plays Hope is 7 years older than any of them. I know this is real time not Salem time but what's the big deal there? Hope looks great for her age and doesn't appear to have had the work done some of the people in their 60's have. Age to me in this situation is irrelevant. (Of course the actress playing Blanca is actually about 15 years younger than Rafe, but I digress.):back:

There is a poll on here about who would you rather see with Rafe: Hope or Carrie. Neither is my choice. The most natural friendship turned love interest would be Nicole. They never seem to even look to that pairing. Hope needed a love interest since Bo was gone. Roman is too old (oops, there I go again). My second choice would be Justin but he is hung up on Andrienne. I used to be a big Justin and Adrienne fan but she and Kayla are waayyy too much alike in the forgiveness and high and mighty department.

So maybe one day Nicole will get the good guy, Rafe. That I can sign up to endorse.:clap:

With Rafe and Hope's ages, even though the actors are fairly close in age, the characters seem to be a generation apart. Although, it feels like they've made Rafe "older" than when he was with Sami. And they definitely try to keep Hope much younger than the woman with a grown son and nearly 20 year old granddaughter.

Plus Sami's portrayer is about 10 years younger than Rafe's. I guess when you get older, like my age you start to be the correct age. Maggie and Julie are played by women the same age. It seems natural. I am about 6 years younger than they are and still getting around but could use a few nips and tucks to look like they do.

You know what? I think Hope needs a menopause storyline. That would be hilarious!!! The hot flashes, the sweating, the chills and it's age appropriate. Days would never do it, but I would have a good time watching.

Plus Sami's portrayer is about 10 years younger than Rafe's.
Not true. Alison Sweeney (ex-Sami) is 40 years old and Galen Gering (Rafe) is 45. Kristian Alfonso (Hope) is 53. Theoretically this shouldn't make much difference but like JS pointed out (and I have as well) Hope and Rafe are (more or less) from different generations. Rafe is someone who has expressed interest as recently as the other day that being a father is something he's always aspired to be. Being romantically involved with a 50-something grandmother doesn't really help him out in that endeavor.

Ok I was 4-1/2 years off Galen Gering (Rafe) and Alison Sweeney (Sami). My apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back