Rainbow bridge - uplifting thoughts please

Little-Sweetness

Reaction score
This has been a trying year, losing my father, financial trouble for my mother, etcetera, so today was just the icing on the "I wish this year was over" cake. This morning, our family pet, Penny, passed away suddenly. My husband is devastated. He's the most dedicated pet owner I've ever known, and our dogs are our babies. I'm wounded too, but the numbness has set in so I'm at work trying to stay busy.

Anyway, I don't know if this was the right place to put this, but prayers/good vibes/happy thoughts would be very much appreciated. We're having her cremated and I'm thinking about getting my husband out on one of the trails we used to take her to to spread her ashes. She was a rescue who showed up on our doorstep when we were getting ready to move from our apartment to our house.

Our landlord at the time didn't like dogs, and tried to call animal control to pick her up; so we drove her to the nearest vet for spaying/shots and then took her to the new house. She was the sweetest baby in the world, loved belly rubs, and had a fascination with bugs. She was also the most intuitive dog we've ever had. If you even looked upset, she was in your lap. If you weren't happy, neither was she.

Little-Sweetness you posted this in the perfect place as far as I am concerned. Thank you for sharing a photo of Penny. She looks exactly like a 'sweetie'. It is always so hard when one of our beloved pets takes that trek across the Rainbow Bridge. You, and your husband, are in our thoughts & prayers.

Thank you for rescuing this precious dog! All our pets are rescues and they are always the most grateful/loyal animals. They bring a different type of joy into our hearts and lives. Your tears show how much she was loved. :hug:

s660nb06geq2lps.png

Your loss is a true loss. I hate it when people say "oh it was just a pet." No, it wasn't just a pet. Mr. Gus is sleeping on my lap at the moment. He is doing well now. But at 16 years of age, I'm not sure how much longer I'll have this furball sleeping in my lap and I do not look forward to that day.

Back