Rare clip of 1979 "Days" variety show episode found...

Jason47

Reaction score
RARE CLIP OF "DAYS" VARIETY SHOW EPISODE FROM 1979 SURFACES ON YOUTUBE!

"Days of Our Lives" aired a special 2-part variety show in January 1979, with many cast members participating. In the storyline, University Hospital put on the CT Scanner Revue as a fund raiser on television in order to raise $100,000 to purchase a CT Scan machine.

Someone found and posted a 15-minute portion of the variety show, which aired on January 4, 1979 (Episode # 3325). Included are a Comedy Tonight opening number with Tom (Macdonald Carey); Don (Jed Allan), Mickey (John Clarke), Robert (Robert Clary) and Doug (Bill Hayes) sing "Standing on the Corner"; Doug (Bill Hayes) performs a medley of comical songs asking for money for the fund raiser; Doug (Bill Hayes) then appears in a Marx Brothers sketch with Alice (Frances Reid), who appears as Dr. Shrinkmund Fraud (aka Groucho Marx), Julie (Susan Seaforth Hayes) who appears as the horn-blowing Harpo Marx, Don (Jed Allan) who appears as Mrs. Van Lottabucks, Maggie (Suzanne Rogers) who appears as a nurse, and Robert (Robert Clary) who appears as a tap-dancing Shirley Temple; Bob (Mark Tapscott) does a trumpet solo; and Maggie (Suzanne Rogers) sings and tap dances to "Come On, Get Happy."

Click here to watch:

Oh, my gosh, that was absolutely FABULOUS! I can see why Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) used to be a Rockette! Wow! Loved it. That was so fun, and I think the cast was having just as much fun. :clap:

So cool!! A little fun & lightness, a chance for the cast to stretch a bit, AND it was related to the storyline!! Nice - too bad this didn't become a tradition like the Nurses' Ball on GH. :(

Meanwhile, $100.000 for a CT scanner? That appears to be the going rate for a basic one nowadays as well...very odd!

I always love Alice as Groucho.

Back