Ratings: Days Hits New Low in Total Viewers

Actually, Days did better than other soaps, but the one that was always in last place was Passions.

TV Guide notes mostly prime time shows, the top 20.....and gives the numbers for live watching, and then "within 3 days" (I am guessing that means DVRs).

Having been a Nielsen "family", I know they also rely on the 7 days diaries of every person and TV in the house. And you have to specify the TV is not on during those times, and must mail those diaries in the day after the week ends.

So...there ARE later figures that may come up a bit better, however..........seeing as there are posters here who have mentioned they are not watching, just reading........as well as seeing those same comments elsewhere, there are folks who keep tabs, but don't watch. And of course, those who have to watch at night, or the next day. Heck, I know a gal who said she has nearly 2 mos of taped shows to "catch up". Told her to not really bother about March, nothing much happened, and she probably can FF thru certain April shows. LOL

People who work and can tape do watch at night......some used to look forward to Soapnet at night.......so have had to find other ways.

I have lost all faith in DAYS and anyone connected to the show. I don't have high expectation for the 50th, I'm hoping its watchable, and I have my doubts about that. After their track record of the past few years and the number of viewers they have lost, I don't think they can redeem themselves!

Don't people work that watch the other 3 soaps? And their ratings are good!

I remember when I first began watching in the 2010-2011 school year, as well as the summer/fall of 2011, Days was well ahead of GH in the ratings. It wasn't until early 2012 that it started slipping, and a lot of that I think had to do with the ridiculous hate boink and Abby-Austin storyline, along with other terrible storylines, like the Russian egg with Stefano, Gina and the Pawn.

The ratings will continue to plummet until we see the new writers material and even then it might take some time to gain some positive momentum. To me it just seems like these new writers were hired to make sure DAYS will have better story-lines for a finale. I don't see it getting renewed.

Kristen, I have a really bad feeling that it won't be renewed as well. I have watched Days since the late 70s during Doug and Julie's heyday, so I really don't want to see anything happen to it. Hopefully, Dena Higley and Josh Griffith (the new headwriters) will be able to turn this around.

Truly, TPTB at NBC & Sony (mostly NBC) are the ones that have to be convinced that Days has more loyal fans than the ratings show. In addition, I think that the decisions made by the suits, or rather FORCED onto Days is causing quite a few problems. Back a few years ago, it was the suits who absolutely insisted that James Reilly write Days in addition to Passions. This meant the man had to come up with over 500 shows for one year.....and they also were adamant about a 5 yr. contract. (Those suits are no longer around) but it definitely did not work out, and that is when Hogan Sheffer was brought aboard. Days had to pay Reilly anyway, even tho he was no longer writing for the show. I know many do not care about behind the scenes, but that is what affects what WE end up seeing. NBC kept changing whatever was on before Days as well, so they ended up with no decent lead ins, and NBC got a lot of failed shows.
While a talk show may be cheaper to produce, what good is it if it doesn't draw in an audience, sponsors, so gets cancelled?

Back