Thursday: 2.35/3,080,000
Friday: 2.35/3,243,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.61/5,128,000
Tuesday: 3.48/4,713,000
Wednesday: 3.53/4,836,000
Thursday: 3.79/5,167,000
Friday: 3.59/5,063,000

Read more: Ratings: Great Week for GH/Y&R/B&B - Soap Opera Networkhttp://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/11/ratings-great-week-ghyrbb#ixzz3J8OmeBcZ

The headline for the ratings this week was Great Week for GH/ YR/ B&B!

WOW It seem DAYS is on that slippery slope of losing viewers, they lost viewers in every category this week, including the Women Viewers in the 18-34 and 25-54 groups!

It's to bad a few idiots in charge had to ruin it for millions of viewers!

The pre-emption in my area was only the last 5 minutes of the show.

The writers obviously don't see or care that the viewers don't want to see all these new characters on the screen. We want to see our Vets involved in meaty story. I feel like the past few weeks have been nothing but filler scenes. Couldn't care less about this Paul character. Couldn't care less about JJ and Eve's Romp. Couldn't care less about Clyde/Jordan drama (BORINGGGGGGGG).

Maybe if they didn't drag out Jordan's mysterious past life for over a year I'd be a lot more interested. I lost interest after waiting so long. John left town after we finally got him back and actually out of a hospital bed.

We've lost 4 big characters on the show in a matter of a few weeks, aka Sami, EJ, Kristen, and John (Yes, I know John will be back soon but, still) who were driving the show in story worth and now we just have all this filler crap and new characters.

The writers should have prepared to fill the empty void right away. Hope and Aiden...I'm not totally against the idea of Hope and Aiden since it gives Hope more airtime. I feel like sometimes I like them and sometimes they just bore me together. Where is Nicole? Give her some juicy story!!! And where the heck is Eric? Does he have a story anymore or is he just Eve's photographer???? MORE Maggie and Victor (Victor is a hoot!).

So now that I've complained about the negatives, let me say what I do like about the show. I actually like the new Chad. I'm looking forward to more Chad and Kate scenes (any scene with more Kate is good for me). I think Anne and Theresa are hysterical together and I love watching them scheme together. I'd like to see John/Marlena/Brady work on fixing their relationships.

Was Wednesday the day of Eve and JJ's romp or was that this past week? I can't even keep track anymore.

I completely agree Billy. Instead of giving all this airtime to new characters I don't care about, how about giving airtime to John, Marlena, Roman, Eric, Nicole and Rafe? We've also "lost" Jennifer and Will in the past few weeks so that is 6 major characters plus 4 children offscreen in order to make way for Bree, Paul and his agent? No thanks.

Eric has suddenly been relegated to Marlena's quiet sidekick or Eve's photographer. Rafe goes around town once every other week just inserted into random scenes. These characters and actors deserve better.

Yes, Wednesday was Eve/JJ roll in the hay day, plus Theresa trying to call Brady to tell him of her pregnancy, Rory convincing Paige that those 2 girls in the pic meant nothing to JJ....& Brady upset over all the lies that have been told to him, plus seeing Daniel/Kristen rolling around on Dan's bed.

Eric has suddenly been relegated to Marlena's quiet sidekick or Eve's photographer. Rafe goes around town once every other week just inserted into random scenes. These characters and actors deserve better.

Given how annoying the character has become, I actually don't mind that Eric ha nothing significant to do. But yes, the actor deserves something better for Eric for sure. How about they make his character likable again?

It's not surprising that DOOL continues to lose viewers. The storylines are atrocious. JJ & Eve upset hordes of viewers, so no shock that barely anybody watched on Wednesday--it was so predictable what would happen that I think people skipped that one just so they didn't see the romp. JJ, Eve, and Paige take up too much airtime--airtime that can go to the vets and other underused, likable characters, or to the romantic storyline of Hope & Aiden. And the constant introduction of new characters that do nothing for the show (Jordan, Ben, and so far Paul) is also a big turn-off.

DaysD: I like Eric. I think he either needs to get counseling from his mother or go through some type of redemption story. Then admit that he was wrong to Nicole and apologize profusely to her. I also like that he is a photographer so he can intermesh with lots of other characters on the show.

Eve, Paige and JJ were on every single day last week. I remember complaining about it in the daily thread.

I think TIIC took so much time writing the exit stories for EJ, Sami, and Kristen. Sami's exit story in particular seemed to have too many cooks in the kitchen, which is why it felt so jarring watching her grieving one day, being afraid she was going to jail the next day, then all of a sudden the Hollywood story and she and Will leaving the next day with all of the kids.

In a matter of a few weeks, three of their major stars were gone, as well as Will, Jennifer, and John temporarily gone, and the writers had not bothered to build up the other story lines. So what they do is give us Eve, JJ, and Paige, every single day last week:angry: with that disgusting romp on Wednesday. They are also giving us the Theresa's fetus is stolen storyline crap and no telling when that will be resolved with Kristen off screen.

The Ben/Abigail/Chad /Jordan story line is just boring and not too interesting. Hope and Aiden also seemed rushed last week when the story had been going along at a slow steady pace, probably because they are about the most established romatic couple on the show right now, which was the writers' fault because they ruined Eric and Nicole. I agree with Heather that Eric needs counseling for what Kristen put him through and that he needs to spend a lot of time begging Nicole to take him back.

Through these ratings the general audience is telling Corday and company loud and clear that they are not happy with all of the new characters and the most recent storylines. Aren't the ratings at a critical point yet that somebody in charge should be causing changes?

Here's what I think the problem is, Jen67. As many have said, the show films too far in advance for us to see any change in the next 5 months. And who knows? Maybe the changes we DO see in March/April will not be to our liking.

Even more likely is the fact that TIIC (especially Corday) and the writers will convince themselves that the dismal ratings are temporary, simply because the audience misses Jennifer, or Sami & EJ, but that we'll get used to it and come back because we love Days, we aren't seeing many spoilers (so we must want to watch to know what will happen), and then they will somehow convince themselves that most viewers actually love the storylines.

They've been doing all that for years. Their pride has stopped them from accepting that certain things they do are crap, so they won't make a change. Corday even said something before to the effect of "if you don't like it, change the channel". And now, many viewers are doing just that, so he is now going to continue seeing the poor ratings.

As for Hope & Aiden, my theory is that their rushed scenes were done because people were so bored of the other storylines, that the writers thought we'd be more interested in seeing declarations of love and romping in the sack between this couple.

While it wasn't as bad as other pairings on the show, I do think it was a tad too soon, even if I, and the majority of Days viewers, really like Hope with Aiden. I'm scared that these writers will end up ruining this as well.

Days has consistently been bleeding viewers for a long time now. The show hasn't had a major bump since the beginning of the EJ Abby storyline. The decision to basically cater to one single fan base was certain to hit hard once those characters left the canvas, especially when the entire show was centered around them. Many of us have been offended by the direction of the show for at least the past two or three years and its been evident in the ratings.

The fact is, that the show lost hundreds of thousands of viewers back in the Spring of 2010 and has never gained those viewers back. There was some promise with the EJ Abby storyline, but when that went nowhere, the ratings continually seesawed and never gained stability.

This what happens when you lose Alison Sweeney(Sami) and James Scott(EJ) and all the EJ and Sami fans these ratings are awful they much better this time last year. EJ and Sami were happy together we saw good ratings and a great Nov sweeps with the Kristen drugging Eric reveal the show was buzzing. The show last year did great in the Nov sweeps and what was the reason why was because of EJ and Sami and Kristen they were stars of the fall out about what happened to Eric. How times have changed all three characters are gone now, and what is left not much at all oh we have Melanie coming back and Lucas getting a storyline soon I am sure that is going bring the ratings up lol.

I do wish Days well I don't want it to get cancelled I am not one of those Sami and EJ fans that no longer care about the show anymore just because my couple no longer on it but I do fear the worst.

LOL sure Days lost some viewers from EJ & Sami leaving...but I think we all know that EJ & Sami never brought in "ratings gold" as viewers and Corday promised. In fact, they turned a lot of viewers away from the show. I think that was clear when EJ slept with Abby, and the overwhelming praise from fans, many of whom even liked EJ with Sami before but then found that pairing to be boring.

If I recall correctly, Sami was furious with EJ a year ago once she realized he knew exactly what Kristen was up to.

LOL sure Days lost some viewers from EJ & Sami leaving...but I think we all know that EJ & Sami never brought in "ratings gold" as viewers and Corday promised. In fact, they turned a lot of viewers away from the show. I think that was clear when EJ slept with Abby, and the overwhelming praise from fans, many of whom even liked EJ with Sami before but then found that pairing to be boring.

Who are the fans they drove away?

If that was the case wouldn't they be tuning back in to watch the show no more Sami and EJ anymore so you can't use that as excuse anymore the ratings have got even worse actually they are rubbish if you compare them to this time last year they were far better and Sami and EJ were on a lot during last year Nov sweeps. Actually people tuned out because of EJ and Abby if they were so great the show wouldn't be down from last year EJ and Sami were together last year very happy together, that EJ and Abby storyline was a flop and it cost them Alison Sweeney(Sami) and James Scott(EJ) they hated the storyline and that is why they decide to leave together. They destroyed Sami and EJ to pimp a boring character that no cares about anymore do you see anyone talk about Abby anymore only reason did was because she was in a story with Sami and EJ.

They actually didn't leave together. Both made their decisions separately, and EJ left the show before Sami did by a few weeks. The EJ-Abby storyline brought in many viewers to a show that was otherwise stagnant or on the decline, because it was so unexpected and people who hated the rapemance couple wanted to watch. If, as you say, people stopped watching because of EJ & Abby, then why did the ratings skyrocket when that storyline aired? And James Scott (ex-EJ) and Alison Sweeney (ex-Sami) said that while the storyline was shocking, they loved playing it. I don't recall them ever saying they hated the storyline. I DO recall James Scott (ex-EJ) recently saying in an interview that part of the reason he left was because EJ turned into a wimp with the Sami storyline, which he also claimed wasn't love story, but a tragedy. I also recall Scott in another interview with About.com saying that EJ & Sami don't love each other in a romantic way.

Many people (myself included) did tune back in after EJ and/or Sami stopped airing, but then left again because the Eve & JJ romp, or the lack of interesting storylines, which doesn't necessarily have to do with the rapemance couple's departure.

They actually didn't leave together. Both made their decisions separately, and EJ left the show before Sami did by a few weeks. The EJ-Abby storyline brought in many viewers to a show that was otherwise stagnant or on the decline, because it was so unexpected and people who hated the rapemance couple wanted to watch. If, as you say, people stopped watching because of EJ & Abby, then why did the ratings skyrocket when that storyline aired? And James Scott (ex-EJ) and Alison Sweeney (ex-Sami) said that while the storyline was shocking, they loved playing it. I don't recall them ever saying they hated the storyline. I DO recall James Scott (ex-EJ) recently saying in an interview that part of the reason he left was because EJ turned into a wimp with the Sami storyline, which he also claimed wasn't love story, but a tragedy. I also recall Scott in another interview with About.com saying that EJ & Sami don't love each other in a romantic way.

Many people (myself included) did tune back in after EJ and/or Sami stopped airing, but then left again because the Eve & JJ romp, or the lack of interesting storylines, which doesn't necessarily have to do with the rapemance couple's departure.

Really I never heard James Scott say he left because EJ was put with Sami but I did him at a fan event say the writers destroyed his character over the last year and in SOD when this storyline started he hated but liked it in the end. I wonder why may be because EJ and Sami together in the end he know what out come would be. If James liked the story so much he would stayed with the show and they did decide together I read Alison Sweeney(Sami) saying she and James Scott(EJ) decided to leave the same day and it was just before this started filming this disaster of a storyline.

What great ratings are you referring when it comes to EJ and Abby?

Most of their days were terrible all 1.7 and 1.8s and Days ratings have down all year compared to last year nearly every week, I guess you mean that great week of Feb 3 when all the soaps were up big time because of the big freeze if you checked the week before your see the Sami and EJ scenes got the same ratings actually more viewers .

Back