Ratings - Nov 3-7-2014

Sami and EJ most of the time barely pulled 1.6 and 1.7...Sami's last day in Salem got dismal ratings...so did her and EJ's vow renewal, and the same goes for most other days they are on. In any case, they aren't together anymore, and many viewers are happy about not seeing them on the soap.

Sami and EJ most of the time barely pulled 1.6 and 1.7...Sami's last day in Salem got dismal ratings...so did her and EJ's vow renewal, and the same goes for most other days they are on. In any case, they aren't together anymore, and many viewers are happy about not seeing them on the soap.

Sami's last day was low because she wasn't with EJ in the end I don't know a single EJ and Sami fan that watch her last day and showed in the ratings. All the Lucas and Sami fans tuned in and all the fans that didn't like EJ and Sami watched I know from comments all over twitter and it got a 1.8 lol. As for saying EJ and Sami only pulled in 1.6's and 1.7's well most of last year they were getting 1.9's and sometimes better yes they did get 1.7s and 1.8s so what you saying is not true I know you hate them but no need to make things up. EJ and Sami hot love making got a 1.9 and vows renewal got a 1.8 not bad for a show that screwed over their biggest fan base with such a terrible ending lucky any of us tuned in at all.

James Scott (ex-Elvis) didn't come right out & say verbatim that he didn't enjoy portraying Elvis, but he DID IMPLY that he enjoyed portraying him more when Elvis was written as a dark, menacing son of a pup. That would IMPLY that he didn't enjoy the watered down lapdog that Sami the writers turned him into for the last few years.

To me - at least - it seemed to show through in his performances as well - he didn't have the glint in his eye when Elvis shot John, or raped Sami (and yes, it was RAPE - don't try to sugarcoat it). His "thrill" was gone & he knew it, he chose to leave and whether that played a part in Ali Sweeney (ex-Sami) leaving as well, or the timing was coincidence cough the simple fact of the matter is, ratings are down for a LOT more than just the fact that these two screenhogs actors performers are off our screen finally.

It has to do with the fact that the new characters haven't been developed into characters we can know & love/hate, the storylines are stagnant at best, the consensus is that Hope & Aiden hit the sheets WAY too soon, and that the show focusing so much on Daniel and other overplayed characters, coupled with ridiculously out of character writing & way too much happening off-screen is just killing the viewing pleasure in almost all aspects.

The sad/sucky thing is, that the tape schedule is SO FAR AHEAD that the show can't do anything but steam full-bore ahead - hopefully they can turn things around because if they can't, they won't have anyone but the micromanaging executives & lousy writing to blame.

Sami's last day was low because she wasn't with EJ in the end I don't know a single EJ and Sami fan that watch her last day and showed in the ratings. All the Lucas and Sami fans tuned in and all the fans that didn't like EJ and Sami watched I know from comments all over twitter and it got a 1.8 lol. As for saying EJ and Sami only pulled in 1.6's and 1.7's well most of last year they were getting 1.9's and sometimes better yes they did get 1.7s and 1.8s so what you saying is not true I know you hate them but no need to make things up. EJ and Sami hot love making got a 1.9 and vows renewal got a 1.8 not bad for a show that screwed over their biggest fan base with such a terrible ending lucky any of us tuned in at all.

The biggest fan base would probably be that of John & Marlena, or Bo & Hope. A SOD poll in 2012 revealed that most fans actually wanted Sami & Lucas to be together--and that was after the grief sex and EJ and Sami flirting with each other.

But this thread is about ratings for the week of Nov. 3-7, not the "golden couple". :back:

Speaking only for myself, and I will note I am NOT a Neilson house, so my viewing or not viewing is not recorded, but I stopped watching last year when EJ and Sami were getting back together.

Then the EJ and Abby affair started and the show was put back on the DVR. Then the Revenge plot; that was sweet, but no, it was short lived and Sami was back with EJ, and the show was removed from the DVR.

I am anxiously reading the poorly worded spoilers for what's coming hoping and hoping there will be something good coming up. As a long time viewer I am looking for some happy couples, some fun stories. I've said this over and over again. I am very tired of all villains and evil doers and evil always winning.

The world is depressing enough please give me something to take my mind off of it. And cougar stories to break up a teenage couple won't bring me back, nor will fetus stealing.

My goodness. Quite a wide variety of opinions in a ratings thread. LOL. The fact is, the ratings for this week are dismal, truly dismal. And it is NOT because EJ & Sami are no longer in Salem. It is because the writers stupidly devoted months to just the one couple, knowing they would be gone, and neglecting to really put momentum into other stories. Instead, they let all other characters dwindle on the sidelines, and then decide to revisit the "mother having sex with her daughter's boyfriend" story, not even something new. They brought Eve back with no idea what to do with her, so she stays within the teen set. Give me a break.

Many viewers have liked Sami, have liked the nasty EJ DiMera, just not together. And James Scott was very clear in that he preferred EJ and the dark side, and did not like the wuss that EJ had become. And viewers DID leave by the thousands because of that pairing, and many found other things to do, watch, etc. Why should they return to a show that cared nothing for them? Basically told them to get lost, our eggs are in this particular basket. Fine.

The show had HIGHER ratings when Sami was with Lucas, or with Rafe, so I don't buy any baloney about them being the reason the show had higher ratings last year. Heck, last year, the interest in Will coming out, and hooking up with Sonny, while Gabi was having his baby, and Nick was menacing everyone was much more interesting than Sami & EJ making goo goo eyes at each other.
This is sweeps month, and Days should have been prepared for it BIG TIME. They did not. Though they may have thought that putting forth ridiculous premise of stealing a fetus, and a tipsy cougar escapade would be so exciting and pull in the viewers.....well, methinks they have to stop eating Kate's brownies. :wink:

Back