Ratings Report for the Week of March 17-21, 2014

ImissTony

Reaction score
Ratings Report for the Week of March 17-21, 2014

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings (Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,942,000 (+288,000/+231,000)
2. B&B 3,885,000 (+356,000/+393,000)
3. GH 2,641,000 (+41,000/+190,000)
4. DAYS 2,476,000 (+30,000/-13,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.6/11 (+.2/+.2)
2. B&B 2.8/9 (+.2/+.2)
3. GH 2.0/6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.9/6 (+.1/same)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 826,000 (+81,000/-40,000)
2. B&B 695,000 (+80,000/-14,000)
3. GH 588,000 (+14,000/-17,000)
4. DAYS 576,000 (+3,000/+30,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (+.1/-.1)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (+.1/same)
3. DAYS 0.9/6 (same/same)
3. GH 0.9/6 (same/same)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 222,000 (+47,000/-27,000)
2. B&B 212,000 (+48,000/+32,000)
3. GH 186,000 (-3,000/-22,000)
4. DAYS 158,000 (+12,000/-19,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (+.2/same)
2. B&B 0.6 (+.1/+.1)
2. GH 0.6 (same/same)
4. DAYS 0.5 (+.1/same)

Women 25-54 Viewers
1. Y&R 1,172,000 (+62,000/-25,000)
2. B&B 954,000 (+108,000/+17,000)
3. GH 813,000 (+30,000/+28,000)
4. DAYS 666,000 (+5,000/-12,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
1. Y&R 1.9 (+.1/-.1)
2. B&B 1.6 (+.2/+.1)
3. GH 1.3 (same/same)
4. DAYS 1.1 (same/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings – Household/Total Viewers
DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,491,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,500,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,446,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,483,000
Friday: 1.8/2,460,000

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/03/ratings-soaps-rebound-from-bad-week

03/17, Monday: 1.9/2,491,000
Daniel confronts Nicole with the letter she reassembled from Chyka's materials - and for a moment, it looks like she may confide in him. Instead, she spins a lie about receiving it anonymously at work. She offers the theory that Stefano sent it to rattle Eric's cage and convinces Daniel to keep it from Eric since it doesn't actually prove anything. Jennifer downplays the offensive flyer to Eric, then goes off to find out who Photoshopped the picture of her. A run-in with Anne makes Jennifer think she's not responsible so she zeroes in on Theresa. She tracks her to the pub and finds her getting cozy with Brady. Jennifer starts to warn Brady about Theresa but he refuses to listen. Meanwhile, Liam shows up at Jennifer's office to offer concern and runs into a suspicious Eric. EJ's relieved when Sami thinks he was in the hospital meeting room to get information for an impotent Stefano. Meanwhile, Adrienne inadvertently rattles Abigail when she claims to know her secret. Abigail almost slips, but then realizes her aunt is talking about her tutoring sessions with Sami. Later, Abigail suggests to EJ that if she is indeed pregnant, she will move to Europe to have his baby.

03/18, Tuesday: 1.9/2,500,000
EJ shoots down Abigail's idea of putting up their baby for adoption. He insists he must be a part of his child's life - no matter what the consequences. He then convinces Abigail to get a pregnancy test from his private doctor. As they wait anxiously for the results, EJ provides Abigail with much needed support. Later, the doctor returns with the test results. Meanwhile, Sami informs Lucas that she and EJ have picked a wedding date. Lucas tries to be happy for her but fears EJ will eventually hurt her. They bond over their past and assure they just want the other to be happy. Jennifer confronts Theresa, demanding to know if she sent around the Photoshopped picture. Theresa denies all. Daniel checks in with Jennifer after finding out about the photo. They both suspect Theresa but Jennifer urges Daniel to let her fight her own battles. However, Daniel can't help himself when he later runs into Theresa and warns her not to mess with Jennifer or her family. Liam overhears all this and later approaches Theresa, saying they should get to know each other better. JJ and Paige start to thaw. But talking with Rory, JJ realizes Paige would never go for him, and he ends up lashing out at his crush. Later, Rory and Bev play a prank on JJ, sending Paige a friend request - which she instantly realizes is insincere. John tries to reach out to a drunk Brady but gets rejected. Brady runs into Aiden, who voices strong disapproval over his inebriated state. Arriving Hope is put off by Aiden's judgmental views, and they end up fighting. Hope and Aiden separately cancel on Daniel and Jennifer's dinner.

03/19, Wednesday: 1.9/2,446,000
EJ's doctor informs Abigail she is not pregnant. Vastly relieved, she shares a bittersweet goodbye with EJ, who heads home to make love to Sami. Earlier, Sami encounters Stefano, who is happy to hear she and EJ have set a wedding date. Later, Stefano gets a call from EJ's doctor. Jordan runs into Ben, who isn't pleased to learn she's decided to stay in Salem because of Rafe. Ben insists he's the only one she can really trust. Meanwhile, Kate learns from Rafe that Jordan is sticking around and pretends to be happy for him. However, she subtly reminds Rafe that Jordan still hasn't been completely forthcoming about her past. Liam approaches Theresa and suggests they get to know each other better. Brady interrupts, a little jealous of Liam. Once Liam leaves, Theresa assures Brady she only wants to spend time with him. They wind up alone in the Kiriakis mansion, and Brady's ready to take her up to his room to make love. But Theresa challenges him to make his move right there in the living room... unless he's afraid of being caught. Brady pulls her close and soon they're on the couch, on their way to having sex. Paige gets a friend request from JJ, unaware it was sent by a mischievous Bev and Rory. She's confused by the mixed signals since she and JJ just had a fight. Her friend Marybeth thinks JJ is a stalker creep. JJ shows up and is confused when Paige gives him grief. When he realizes what Rory and Bev did, JJ's mortified. His friends ask if he can really be all that bothered since he's said he thinks Paige is stuck-up - but it's clear he privately has feelings for her.

03/20, Thursday: 1.9/2,483,000
Nicole sets up a seductive scene to lure Eric into lovemaking. He doesn't suspect at first, believing she's just being romantic. But when she presses, he gets angry - she knows how he feels about this! Daniel learns about the nasty comments about Jennifer on the hospital website. When he confronts Jennifer and she insists that he back off - she handled it - Daniel promises to let her manage things herself. Meanwhile, Liam shows up at the Horton house and claims to JJ and Abigail that he left his phone charger there on an earlier visit. He slips up to Jennifer's bedroom and takes something. Later, Abigail opens up a bit to JJ, saying her mysterious relationship was a mistake, but thank God it's over. Hope and Aiden both decide to attend Daniel and Jennifer's party after all, each believing the other won't be there. When they arrive, each is horrified by the other's presence, and the dinner party from hell begins. Daniel and Jennifer are thrown by the obvious tension between Hope and Aiden and between Nicole and Eric. Maxine and Abe are the only ones who seem to be enjoying themselves but even they recognize tonight is a disaster. Theresa and Brady start to have sex in the middle of the Kiriakis living room but are interrupted by Maggie, who explodes. She calls Brady on his self-destructive behavior, and he is truly shaken. Liam bumps into Theresa and mentions the hospital gossip about Jennifer being harassed. When he hints he thinks Theresa might possibly know something about it, she explodes. Liam apologizes, saying he didn't mean to accuse her; Jennifer isn't his favorite person either after she dumped him. Later, Liam thinks of Jennifer as he holds up a piece of clothing he stole from her.

03/21, Friday: 1.8/2,460,000
Maxine calls a halt to everyone's bad behavior at Jennifer and Daniel's party. Hope takes the lead in apologizing, but everyone joins in. Aiden follows Hope to the square, and they agree to be civil for their kids' sake, though clearly they prefer to keep their distance from one another. Back at the apartment, Jennifer and Daniel thank Maxine for always being there for them. Maxine makes an innocent remark about them getting married, which leads to an awkward moment. In private, Daniel and Jennifer finally address the issue, and realize they agree: they want to get married, just not right now. Meanwhile, Liam fantasizes about Jennifer, knowing he'll never have a chance with her until Daniel is out of the picture. Meanwhile, Eric takes Nicole back to her hotel room, and they apologize to each other. Nicole admits she's been so hung up on wanting to have sex with Eric that she failed to appreciate how amazing and wonderful it is that he loves her and wants to marry her. They also realize that could take awhile. Later, Eric starts to realize how complicated this all might be. Kate finally has the long-promised dinner with Stefano. She tells him what she thinks of him, but Stefano still believes there was once love there. Sami and EJ run into Gabi and Nick. Sami is furious at Gabi for continuing to fall for Nick's manipulations, and EJ spars with Nick. Later, Nick kisses Gabi goodnight, and Sami and EJ return to the mansion, where they realize Stefano has had dinner with Kate.

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/episodes

deleted unnecessary quote...no need to quote the post that is above your own post....JS

Hi loving safe
I haven't been around in awhile probably lack of Rafe,where has he been anyway.Hope he isn't
going anywhere.

edited to remove comment....JS

I did think the doc visit for Abigail might have brought more viewers. But then again, I wonder if people have lost interest in EJ/Abigail since they're claiming to be over. Once they heat up again, the ratings might go up again.

Ratings are down because stories are at a complete stand-still. How many times have we seen Nicole pull out the evidence to destroy it, only not to for some reason? How many times have we seen Eric and Brady have the same conversation about Eric sleeping with Brady's fiance? How many times have we seen Gabi, Sonny, and Will having the "he's changed" argument about Nick? How many times has Nick sold Gabi the same ole song and dance about wanting to atone for his sins? How many times have we seen Rafe ask Jordan about her past only to get no answers? How many times have EJ and Abby bumped into each other and proclaimed it's over only to bump into each other the very next day and say the same thing? How many times have Aiden and Hope had a conversation that didn't end up with them snarking at each other at least once? How many times has Eric seemed to be confident that a relationship with Nicole is what he wants only to seem to question his future with her minutes later? And then there's Daniel and Jennifer!

There's been pretty much nothing to keep viewers consistently engaged the last month.

The only story that's interesting right now to me is to see what Theresa does with Liam, but that's because it has just started. It will probably drag out like everything else has and by the time it's over, everything will have dragged out too long and it will be just as boring as all other story lines.

Daniel and Jennifer are insufferable. I have grown to dislike both characters again since they got back together. At least Daniel was tolerable when the two of them were apart. Jennifer is only okay when she's interacting with JJ or Abigail. JJ is no fun as a teenager hanging out with Paige. I found him much more interesting when he was fighting against Daniel instead of joining the Daniel worshippers.

I'm tired of John, Maggie, Daniel, and others interfering in Brady's life. Sure, I understand he's hurting and everyone wants to help him, but he's a grown man and he is going to have to work it out. It is especially annoying that everyone is blaming Theresa for his addiction. She may be helping him with it, but he was using cocaine and even started drinking before hooking up with her.

EJ and Abigail have stalled and are no longer interesting. I'm only waiting now until the reveal just to see the reaction of Sami and Jennifer.

Gabi has become extremely annoying defending Nick all the time, and I do not like the way she has been treating Will and Sonny and disrespecting their wishes about not inviting Nick to the wedding.

Eric and Nicole have both become unrootable in their last few weeks.

Since the writers have dragged their feet in revealing Jordan's past, I no longer care what her back story is, and I just feel bad that they invested Rafe in this boring story with her.

EJ and Abigail have stalled and are no longer interesting. I'm only waiting now until the reveal just to see the reaction of Sami and Jennifer.

I don't think they are no longer interesting. This is just the calm before the storm. Pregnant or not, I don't think we've seen the last of this couple.

The show has been boring all month. I could have stopped watching it for a few weeks and still nothing would have changed. Some bits and pieces of excitement and storyline movement would be better than to repeat the same merry-go-round that I have seen for the past few weeks. Tired of hearing Nick saying "I've changed". Tired of seeing Jordan and yet nothing has happened for her storyline to move ahead. Her brother has been on the show now for a month and we have learned nothing about her and him. Tired of watching Abby just being her annoying self, she acts like a little school girl. I was excited to see her when she and EJ had those good moments, but watching her complain about him now is just unwatchable.

The show focusing on Daniel & Jennifer and bringing on character after character (Liam, Anne, Theresa, Maxine, Parker, making Maggie Daniel's bio-mom (who is his dad anyway??), etc) to try to generate drama/angst/sympathy/whatever is just GRINDINGLY boring. Whomever needs to realize that there is just no chemistry nor excitement and STOP with them already. Marry them & ship them off to Doctors without Borders or kill them both off...and bring back Jack to be a parent to JJ and Abby. There could be some good dynamic in that, in my opinion.

I don't mind John trying to help Brady get cleaned up - he is his father, but I agree that Maggie, etc need to tell Brady he's blown his chance with them & walk away to let him hit rock-bottom - hard. The guy needs a heapin helpin of tough love and if John is the only one there to help him pick up the pieces, I'd love to see that play out. But as you can guess, I'm a big-time John/Marlena fan, so I want to see them as often as possible. My only beef is that Marlena is so rightfully mistrustful of Nicole, while just glossing over who Sami is with. I know that Marlena gave up on trying to change Sami's mind years ago, but she shouldn't turn to them for help - there are plenty of others that I'd rather see...Justin, Hope, Abe...JOHN. *sigh*

My speculation is that Abby is pregnant & it's EJ's...she'll meet Ben & they'll hit the sheets and everyone will assume it's his, the truth will be revealed & that is what is going to play a HUGE part in Sami (Ali Sweeney) leaving. Other than that, I don't have much interest in Abby nor EJ as they're being written.

I do however, like the Hope/Aiden pairing. The nice slow-build of animosity into a hesitant friendship & beyond is fun to watch, but I wish they'd FINALLY do something with Bo - either kill him off or have them divorce quietly.

They're beating too many dead horses (gosh there's a visual to start your day!!) and they need to move things along at a better pace instead of just during ratings months.

Jason47 confirmed last night that they are taping 4.5 months out currently. That would mean that the response to the positive fan reaction for EJ/Abby should start to be seen on screen in mid-May at earliest. Hopefully that will coincide with the wedding and drive ratings up again.

Back