Ratings Report for the Week of March 30 – April 3, 2015

Some of the comments below are sickening. I wish people would realize that the ratings decline began long BEFORE the golden couple left the show.

The best lesson I've learned about internet articles of any kind: STAY OUT OF THE COMMENTS. I've found it's just not worth the upset.

Well, judging from past decisions made, I wouldn't put it past the higher ups at SONY and NBC to buy into the EJ-Sami leaving theories despite the reality that the show was on the brink of cancellation way back in 2008 in midst of their relationship, and that the ratings over the past couple of years during the lock stock and barrel storyline were mediocre at best. In fact, the best ratings boost that the show has gotten in the last year or so came when EJ got involved with Abby. I'll say it again, changing writers will make no more difference than it has after the past three regime changes, until the suits change their mindset on what they seem to think viewers want to see.

One thing is clear to me: just as the current dismal ratings cannot be blamed on the departure of EJ and Sami, the dismal ratings of before cannot be blamed on the presence of EJ and Sami! I really hoped that people would stop talking about them after they left the screen, but it just keeps on and on. Sometimes we can give more credence to something (perhaps much more than it deserves) the more we talk about it.

So, to restate:

One thing is clear to me: the comings and goings of many new and old characters hasn't seemed to help the ratings much at all over a period of years. I agree with Jnta that a change in writers will probably make little (if any) difference, and some systemic changes will have to take place at Days before they can ever hope to get out of the ratings gutter!

Back