Re: Tuesday 6/13 possible preemptions

Jason47

Reaction score
Adweek is reporting that NBC's special report at 2:30 ET/1:30 CT/12:30 MT/11:30 PT will be optional, so affiliates airing "Days" at that time can choose either to air "Days" or air the testimony.

"NBC News will provide an optional special report, which means NBC stations can choose whether or not to take it. Lester Holt will anchor from New York. ABC will provide a network-wide special report (which won’t make many General Hospital fans very happy). CBS News will carry a special report hosted by Scott Pelley."

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/networks-plan-special-coverage-for-ag-sessions-testimony/332079

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Ever notice that they NEVER preempt sporting events? Imagine a president interrupting playoffs, hockey games or the Super Bowl. They'd have to go into witness protection for the rest of their lives. :rolleyes:

The Comey testimony did preempt the French Open last Thursday in the affected time zones. They had to move it to NBC Sports Network. But as for major sporting events in primetime, as you said, they pretty much always air as planned.

I was expecting a preemption, and was surprised to see the show was on. However I couldn't hear more than a few snippets of dialogue due to my crummy affiliate and/or crummy cable box. (It's the only channel that has that problem and it does so on every set.)

Do your neighbors/friends have the same problem with NBC? have you called your cable company to tell of that problem, ask if they might know how to correct it?

It is odd it only happens on that station, so perhaps there is a faulty wire/connection or something in the box?

Do your neighbors/friends have the same problem with NBC? have you called your cable company to tell of that problem, ask if they might know how to correct it?

It is odd it only happens on that station, so perhaps there is a faulty wire/connection or something in the box?
It would have to be outside our house, as it happens through both boxes and the line splits upstairs. Now, the only-on-one-channel thing seems to be odd, but I honestly know very few people who even watch network TV anymore. Many of my friends don't even have cable TV. But it's gone from once in a while to nearly whole episodes (like today's), so I will start asking.

Well, the San Francisco NBC station preempted Days. I tried turning it to the Sacramento affiliate, but they preempted the show as well :angry:. Thanks for the summary. The scroll came across that the show will be aired at 3am tonight, so I will tape it at that time and catch the show tomorrow.

The show is usually on the NBC app same day at around 8pm.

Unfortunately sports are usually involved with heavy advertising and that's part of the network bid process for the event. I'm shocked NBC moved the French Open to cable last week but I guess daytime doesn't get as heavy viewership unless it's the weekend.

Kudos to all the stations who chose to air Days today.

So far, my helpful friends have suggested:
The digital equivalent of the channel (good suggestion, but no difference)
Not having cable
Not watching TV
Paying less (!?!?) for cable.

Word of warning, the summary might be short tomorrow! Hopefully I can get this figured out, it's super annoying trying to write the summary when I can't hear (or read) the show.

Back