"Remember When"

Status
Not open for further replies.
video

Perfect example of how good DOOL used to be! They didn't rely on green or midol commercials and long recent flashbacks! Corky

It would be nice to see more screen time for these couples and just a teeny bit of that romance...that is what I remember so much from the 80's Days....bring the romance back!

Thanks for the video. Love the part with Bo and Hope when Bo takes her away from Larry. The wedding gown flowing in the wind. I remember that as if it was yesterday.

It would be nice to see more screen time for these couples and just a teeny bit of that romance...that is what I remember so much from the 80's Days....bring the romance back!

Yep!! Their idea of romance is sex and lust in an elevator. All the soaps not just Days have no idea how to write romance anymore. And they wonder why less and less viewers are watching and more and more are turning to youtube to capture the romance of Days past.

Oh, I could watch Steve/Kayla & Jack/Jen much more, too. that scene where Steve had injured his eye, and Kayla wanted to take care of it, and no one had ever seen him without his patch.....he was so hesitant and vulnerable, but he finally let her do it. And the scenes where they "signed" the word Courage. those two were magic, just pure magic.

Yep, could have had a bit more Jack & Jen.....wow, he just has the greatest smile. That couple just was so into each other, and it came across in spades on the screen.

TY for the montage. I wish there was that kind of romance now. I particularly enjoyed seeing Kayla and Patch ''signing'' the word courage.:clap:

I enjoyed the Shane & Kimberly scenes. I wish they would come back. Eve to I loved Ece and Frankie together.

Thanks for posting this - it brought back so many wonderful memories of my first years watching Days. I started watching Days in 1979 when I had my first baby and was sitting nursing and flipping through the channels and found a scence with Bo and I was hooked. He was my kind of guy then and I got so drawn into his love story with Hope and ALL of the other relationships/characters on the show...Kimberly/Shane, Steve/Kayla, Marlena/Roman and all the quirky ones too like Calliope, etc.

I agree that they do not write the love stories like this anymore or develop the relationships and between couples any where near as good as they did then. It was also so exciting to have all the on location scenes and the songs they would play for certain couples scenes (remember "Tonight I Celebrate my Love" by Roberta Flack when Bo and Hope first made love)....I miss that so much.

Although I still watch I will always miss the good old Days and I wish the writers could bring some of that kind of magic back! We see small glimpses of it now and then but no where near enough

:cry2:
Thanks for posting this - it brought back so many wonderful memories of my first years watching Days. I started watching Days in 1979 when I had my first baby and was sitting nursing and flipping through the channels and found a scence with Bo and I was hooked. He was my kind of guy then and I got so drawn into his love story with Hope and ALL of the other relationships/characters on the show...Kimberly/Shane, Steve/Kayla, Marlena/Roman and all the quirky ones too like Calliope, etc.

I agree that they do not write the love stories like this anymore or develop the relationships and between couples any where near as good as they did then. It was also so exciting to have all the on location scenes and the songs they would play for certain couples scenes (remember "Tonight I Celebrate my Love" by Roberta Flack when Bo and Hope first made love)....I miss that so much.

Although I still watch I will always miss the good old Days and I wish the writers could bring some of that kind of magic back! We see small glimpses of it now and then but no where near enough

I so agree with all you say. If they would do half of what they did years ago the ratings would not be in the toilet and sinking fast again. I had hope at the beginning of the year but now my hope is pretty much gone.:cry2:

Ratings are NOT in the toilet, and have actually been going up. I will agree that ratings are no longer what they once were, but that is for ALL soaps, not just Days.

You know, sure, Days was great in the 80s. John & Marlena were in their late 30s, Bo & Hope in their 20s, Sami & Lucas in their teens, Tony & Anna in their 30s........but it is more than 20 years later, and a series of different head writers, plus a whole lot of history has gone by. Doug & Julie had wonderful stories, too, and as the years progressed the kinds of stories they got changed, and eventually they were supporting players and not in the forefront all the time. Just like Maggie & Mickey. The scepter is constantly passed on and down. I, for one, am very greatful that we still have Steve & Kayla, Bo & Hope, John & Marlena, Victor, Tony, Anna.....on the show. And that they are still being featured in various stories.

Thank you, Cathy, for this trip down memory lane!

Wayne Northup IS Roman to me. Chris Kosichek (Josh Taylor) just doesn't do it for me, even today when he is speaking (7/21 in US) with Marlena about Sami...

Ahhhh, the good old "Days"!!!

And I love the scene where Kayla was to help Steve with his eye. Seemed SO real. If only he'd get a glass eye now, and rid of that patch...Steven Nichols is such a beautiful man.

And I love the scene where Kayla was to help Steve with his eye. Seemed SO real. If only he'd get a glass eye now, and rid of that patch...Steven Nichols is such a beautiful man.

noooo....do NOT get rid of the Patch! how can he be Patchman... will we have to start calling him Glassman? no. the patch makes him look HOTTTTTT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back