Reminder : Please do NOT get personal about the actors

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
This is a polite but firm reminder that it's really not appropriate to express comments related to an actor's (or actress') personal appearance or abilities.

While it would be ok to say "I don't like the dress that [insert character here] had on", it would not be acceptable to say "That dress made [insert actress here] look fat" (or too thin, or gaunt, or chubby, or any particular insulting thing).

PLEASE keep in mind that actors and actresses COMMONLY look over message boards (it's their hobby too) and they are just people like everyone else, and insults hurt.

In essence, if you wouldn't like to read it about yourself, keep it to yourself..

Thanks for your understanding,

Wayne

Like a good little monkey I clicked click this.....and then being an extremely bored little monkey I clicked play....I was never very good at Name That Tune, so I have no guess. But hey, I listened all the way through...!!!! And instead of spending $30+ bucks to watch a movie, I just download them on the internet for free...ooopss, hope the movie police aren't reading this...!!!!
Now back to topic, I apologize to Mr. Mascolo for my insensitive remark regarding Stefano in a coma (which I will not repeat here).....you are correct Wayne, and my Momma did raise me better than that.....

If I am thinking of the same incident, I probably mentioned something about physical appearance and feeding tube and I didn't mean anything by it either. It's one of those fine lines when you expect something to happen given the role the actor is playing and what you think should happen in reality, and it doesn't. I also apologize if I offended anyone. I certainly didn't mean to do it. :(

Actually guys, I think this may have been related to another thread that I saw earlier in the day yesterday. It was one referring to a certain actress being too thin.

**Wayne you are correct though. I am sure there are many of us who are "too thin" or "too heavy". If we saw somewhere that people were talking about us, we too would be offended**

Ohhhhh, I think she is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen...and she looks fabulous....I don't see her as being too thin at all and I think she looks 10x better now than in the old clips...as does Bo....those two sure challenge the youth and beauty vs age thingy.....

Thanks for the reminder Wayne. I guess I missed something, guess it is for the better tho.

Like a good little monkey I clicked click this.....and then being an extremely bored little monkey I clicked play....I was never very good at Name That Tune, so I have no guess. But hey, I listened all the way through...!!!!
This is the part where I key "the apology" and humbly bow out for being so embarrassingly frank on my podcast. As I said elsewhere on that site, I'm rather "here it is" with my verbiage. More George Carlin than Bill Cosby in language use, so I apologize if it offends.

Wayne

You must have something new Wayne. I checked out recipes and classic cars.

You must have something new Wayne. I checked out recipes and classic cars.
I was bored one night and wanted to learn about audio editing, so I fired up a program called "garage band" on the mac and created what they call a "podcast" which is a fancy way of saying "audio MP3" of me babbling for 3.5 minutes or so about the movies.

Putting it together was a lot of fun and even educational, but as I have a little "Kermit" quality to my voice, perhaps being a DJ is not my best idea ever.. :)

Wayne

WAYNE, NO APOLOGY NECESSARY....I LIKE YOUR PODCAST...!!!
Sorry didn't mean to shout, but I wanted to make sure you heard me...!!! Give us more podcasts...it really does make a connection with your visitors....may we please have some more sir...!!
And what was the song...???? Please, please tell me.....

WAYNE, NO APOLOGY NECESSARY....I LIKE YOUR PODCAST...!!!
Sorry didn't mean to shout, but I wanted to make sure you heard me...!!! Give us more podcasts...it really does make a connection with your visitors....may we please have some more sir...!!
And what was the song...???? Please, please tell me.....

The song was the first bar of "Science Fiction, Double Feature" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.. Something I understand younger listeners wouldn't get, but it's our generational thing.

Wayne

I didn't recognize the song, but loved Rocky Horror Picture Show....went to a midnight showing back in the day and man was it fun....took my newspaper, my water bottle, my toast, my fork and umbrella....we had a blast...!!! Do they still do that???

took my newspaper, my water bottle, my toast, my fork and umbrella....we had a blast...!!! Do they still do that???

You forgot your rice? For shame... :)

As for "do they still do that?", I'm sure they do, when someone finds a theater or venue which would allow for the mess, but honestly it's not the same any more. The current showings are all attended by the younger generations. Different lines, different activities, different... everything.

You see kids with tattoos, piercings, mohawks, and a lot of pent up aggression walking around trying to be Dr. Frankenfurter (or worse yet, Magenta) and it's just -- perhaps incredibly sadly -- not the same.

It is however very nice to know that we share one more unexpected thing in common.

... It's just a jump... to the left...

Wayne

Back