Risky Business

K

kpatch

~Prologue~

JAVA CAFÉ

Will: Hey Mia.
Mia: Hey Will.
Will: Wanna go to the movies with me on Friday night?
Mia: Okay.
Will leaves. Chad arrives.

Chad: Hey Mia.
Mia: Hey Chad.
Chad: Wanna go to the movies with me on Friday night?
Mia: Okay.

Gabi has overheard everything and approaches Mia after Chad leaves.
Gabi: Up to your old tricks again, I see.
Mia: It’s none of your business.
Gabi: I could make it my business.
Mia: You’re just jealous.

kpatch: Cut!
Director: What do you mean “cut”? You’re not allowed to yell “cut”! I’m the only one who gets to say “cut.”
kpatch: Then say it … I beg you!
Director: What? Why?
kpatch: Because this is the worst sh** I’ve ever written. I want a do-over.
Director: I can’t argue with you there.
kpatch: Well?
Director: Okay, okay. Shouting: Stop tape!
kpatch: Thank you!
Director: We have our whole film crew lined up and ready to go. Time is money, you know. When will you have a rewrite for me?
kpatch: I’ll have something for you by tomorrow.
Director: It had better be good.
kpatch: It will be. I promise. … I’d like to say a word to my readers.
Director: Whatever. We’re closing down the set for today.

kpatch: Readers … please forgive me. I tried to write a good summer story for the teen set, but it’s just not possible. Please tune in starting tomorrow to this same thread where I will post the start of a story that I guarantee you will enjoy.

To be continued weekdays...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: rotflmaowtrdmf (rolling on the floor laughing my *** off with tears rolling down my face)

I swore I wasn't going to read this until it was finished. My resolve lasted 1 minute and 21 seconds. OMG, I'm glad I read it.

When I started reading, all I could think was that kpatch had finally snapped....booby shooby, nutso, looney tooney, a french fry short of a happy meal, etc.

This has to be the best thing EVER posted at the Spectator. kpatch, you never cease to amaze me.

Boy you had be going Kpatch. You wrote it just like the writers on Days do. I was thinking something is wrong here. Had to laugh when you yelled CUT.... So glad you are getting a chance to rewrite. So looking forward to tomorrow.

Thanks for starting my day with a big smile!

Yay another kpatch story!!!!

When I started reading, all I could think was that kpatch had finally snapped....booby shooby, nutso, looney tooney, a french fry short of a happy meal, etc.

I thought the same thing Shirley. When I read your post, my mind instantly flashed back to some of the sayings that Momma said to Eunice on the Carol Burnett show about "splinters in the windmills of your mind and riding the cotton pony" :rotfl: :rotfl:

I want to say good start Kpatch but I think it may be more accurate to say good save :) It is funny that we all knew something was strange because the start of your chapter sounded like it came from the Days writers. Funny but sad. Now that you've stepped in and fixed it, I look forward to the ride... with you (unlike Days) it never disappoints.

Bless you all for trusting me enough to keep reading past the boring part. Just as in the movie Jerry Maguire, where they said "I had you at hello," I feared I might "lose you at Mia," but you persevered. Thank you!

Chapter 1

Readers: Please click the link to listen to the song while reading the first chapter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LunT2kP3JL4

The Plot
Caroline is babysitting for Ciara, Johnny, Allie, Theo and Sydney at the Brady Pub because ...

-Hope, Bo, Justin, Rafe, Roman and Abe are at a law enforcement convention.
-Lexie, Daniel, Chloe, Carly, Nathan, Stephanie, and Melanie are at a medical convention. Vivian and Gus are secretly there too.
-Brady, Philip, Kate, Victor, Maggie, Adrienne, EJ and Stefano are at a business convention.
-Sami is at a convention for single mothers.
-The teens are in Cozumel, Mexico during yet another school break.
-Nicole and Arianna are on assignment for the TV station and do not appear in this story.

THE BRADY PUB

The children are at the Pub, coloring, playing with dolls, stuffed animals, toy trucks and toy airplanes. Caroline comes out of the back room with her purse and a suitcase.

Caroline: Kids, I need your attention for a minute.
The children stop what they are doing and look at Caroline.
Caroline: I just got a call from my daughter -- Aunt Kimberly -- in California. She’s sick and she needs me to be with her. I’ve been calling around trying to arrange for a babysitter for you, but everyone is out of town. That said, you’re going to have to be your own babysitters. Ciara sweetie, you’re in charge. I’m going to turn on this Shrek 4 video. It’s on a continuous loop. I sure hope you like it. Be good.

Caroline turns the “Open” sign to “Closed,” walks out and locks the door. The children stare at each other with their mouths open.

To be continued....

Ohhh My. The kids are alone and Ciara is in charge. LOL this is going to be good. (Just wondering if I should call youth protection as Ciara is a bit young to look after all the kids. How old is she?) It reminds me of a case where the Mom had to go and write an exam for a course she was taking. The babysitter canceled and the little 8 year old wanted to stay home alone as she did not like the person that the Mom was going to get as a replacement. The Mom said ok and left. The daughter was making hot chocolate before going to bed and the kettle started sparking she called 911 and when they found that the girl was alone Youth Protection took her. It took over a year for the Mom to get the child back Thanks for the story Kpatch

my goodness, I can only imagine where this is going. it will be a cross between Home Alone and Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead, i can't wait to see what will happen

Back