Roseanne

Noel

Reaction score
Did anyone else watch the updated reboot of Roseanne the other night? It was funny most of the time. The cast fit together again very well. These two episodes were back-to-back and dealt with family issues resulting from various life issues. It will be interesting to see how it does going forward because CBS is also rebooting Murphy Brown in the Fall. The ratings were huge, so who knows?

Good points, JS.

Since the couple were divorced at the end of Mad About You I just don't think I would be interested in a reboot. There is also a Magnum PI reboot in the process right now and all I can think is who could possibly replace Higgins?!

And I just read Cagney & Lacey are in the process of being rebooted also.

Where are the new creative ideas?!?!

Being it is on opposite NCIS it is a no see for me. Hard to understand why ABC scheduled it opposite, but their call. Was not a big fan of Roseanne back in the day, but watched it at times, so not a priority for me. Maybe will catch it if/when NCIS goes on reruns. Or if it reruns the eps on Saturday evening, as other networks do for some shows.

So many shows are being rebooted. While I think the reboot of Dynasty failed by not incorporating original cast members I am still watching it. Just when I think I going to drop it, I get reeled back in.

I liked Roseanne when it was on and will likely give it a chance. I've read that David will be on fircat least one episode.

Yes and they hired someone named Jay Hernandez to play Magnum. He will be an ex-Navy seal who served in Afghanistan and other areas. No word if he will have buddies who served with him or a Higgins-like character as a foil. Tom Selleck, per producer P Lenkov, will not make a cameo appearance the first season at least.

Roseanne is going to be rerun on Easter Sunday, not sure about time, article said 7 p.m. but that could be Eastern time. ABC decided to rerun because of the huge ratings.

Jesus Christ Superstar will be on Sunday, 7 p.m. Central...... on NBC,

It was so funny! Roseanne is yelling at Dan, in bed, and ge startled awake with CPAP mask on. He asks what and she says I thought you were dead. He asks why so many people think he us dead. Laughs then cut.

And for those who might be interested, Downton Abbey is being rerun on PBS on Sunday, beginning at 5:30 p.m. central. 90 min. I am seeing the previews of Jesus Christ Superstar, did not realize that it is set present day........or should I say that the cast wears present day clothing. Anyone here ever see it on stage live? Curious as to what is opinion of the musical overall? Wasn't it a big Broadway hit?

Yes Poirot it was a Broadway hit they made into a movie. Day by Day was my favorite song in the film.

I also wasn't a big fan of the show back in the day but I did watch on and off. I watched Tuesday night and was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the show. I thought the dialogue, especially the political dialogue, was spot on. I also like that this reboot seems to be about Darlene. The actress who plays her is an Executive Producer.

Michael Fishman who plays DJ wrote a detailed Facebook post about these 2 episodes as well as about upcoming stuff. Maybe Kat can bring it over.

I think the reason these reboots are doing so well is because we've gotten away from the traditional sitcom and also because these shows feature the original cast and show runners: Roseanne, Fuller House, Murphy Brown hopefully. I saw a recent post from Fran Drescher meeting with producers and writers from The Nanny. I would take that in a heartbeat. The reboots that fail are the ones that don't include original casts or producers. Dallas a prime example.

Since the couple were divorced at the end of Mad About You

:huh:

In reference to the referral to Helen Hunt encouraging a reboot of Mad About You, Heather.

Dallas had original cast...Bobby, Sue Ellen, J.R.........

Hawaii 5-0 is still running without any originals.............agree about getting away from sitcoms. producers don't seem to be able to cast show as in the past, or just are not lucky enough to find the talent. Sara Gilbert got the idea for the reboot, asked John Goodman when he guested on The Talk. They contacted Roseanne....she jumped aboard, the others said sure

I never saw the original show. Maybe if I did, I would have watched it.
Tues is CBS night at my house too.

Regarding "Mad About You": In the final episode, which was a flashback covering 20 years by their daughter (who was a baby in the final season of the show), we find that they had separated. They *had* separated, but the family around them conspired to get them back together, and they reconciled to live "happily ever after". So, I could totally see them bringing that back.

I'm listening to Chris Hardwick's latest episode of Nerdist (which has been renamed ID10T), and Paul Reiser is a guest. Hopefully they'll say something about rebooting the show, since they're talking about his entire career.

I am seeing the previews of Jesus Christ Superstar, did not realize that it is set present day........or should I say that the cast wears present day clothing. Anyone here ever see it on stage live? Curious as to what is opinion of the musical overall? Wasn't it a big Broadway hit?
I saw it with Peter Reckell (Bo) in Milwaukee, Wis. when he was still playing Bo. The final scene on the cross was awesome. He was dressed in white and the spotlight was on it.

Back