Roseanne

Regarding the Magnum PI reboot:

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cbs-magnum-p-i-reboot-higgins-perdita-weeks-1202715781/

Perdita Weeks has been cast in the “Magnum P.I.” reboot pilot at CBS in a lead role, Variety has learned.

Weeks will play Juliet Higgins, the majordomo (i.e., property manager) for the large Hawaiian estate of writer Robin Masters, for whom Magnum ostensibly works security and lives in his guest house. The character is described as commanding, confident, and tough, who uses sarcasm to deflect emotion and is hard to get to know.

So, there are remakes, with all different actors, but the show has the same name as a prior very successful one. And a reboot is bringing a very successful show back with same actors.

The suits have not had much success with their original creations....not saying there are not some gems that appear (This Is Us, Good Doctor for example) but I can see why they are currently trying this path.

They don't have to revive Cagney & Lacy, probably using different actors. Just bring Rizzoli & Isles onto the network. LOL

Roseanne was very funny last night. The conflict/tension between parents & children on how to raise their grandchildren.

Let me say this: I am proud of strong women roles in tv, theater, movies. BUT I am tired of roles being flipped to female status just to be PC. I don't think Magnum reboot will succeed unless there is very strong chemistry, not sexual tension, between the main character and Higgins. Time will tell.

I love it! Reboots are definitely a trend right now, and I see-saw with my opinion on them because sometimes I think a show or movie is just too perfect to do any better. But, on that note, it usually, at the very least, draws attention to their originals, and puts them back in the spotlight.

My mom was a huge One Day at a Time fan back in the day, and we were struggling to find the seasons for her to go back through and watch. It wasn't until Netflix came out with their reboot that we finally found the entire series.

Saw yesterday's episode and it was funny! I liked how it showed towards the end Roseanne sticking up for what's right!

I also watched it yesterday, for the first time. I really did not find it funny, however I did like Roseanne, at the end, sticking up for what is right. (Thought honestly, I just have never run across a cashier being rude to anyone. Ever. Not even in Chicago! )

Back