Rumor...

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I read something on Facebook.....so this is definitely NOT CONFIRMED!. It said apparently Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) has been let go. And that there are others who will be following.

This was evidently posted from a fan site I never heard of before, but people I know belong to it. However, it certainly is odd that soap mags would not have had that info first...........unless I have missed it somewhere.

Yeah, just read that one, was coming to post it. Possibly, Days could be shifting some contract players to recurring instead. If NBC truly cut what they pay again, shame on them. They are already forcing Days into a nearly one set show (that dang Square). Days has increased viewership over the past year, a shame they are treated so shabbily by NBC & Sony.

Oh great. We have a lot invested in the core characters and now TPTB want to get rid of them because of budget cuts. The suits will probably think differently when the ratings drop and by then it will be too late.
We don't know if this is true or not; it's purely speculation on the part of the website reporting it. For all we know, they may have felt they run the course with Chloe's storyline and decided to have the character leave Salem until they can come up with a better reason to have her onscreen, beyond standing behind the bar at Doug's Place, pouring drinks and shuffling menus.

Thanks, Just Samantha. It looked like Chloe might reconnect with Brady so I thought she might be around for a while. I hope that the other characters are safe, at least for a long while. Maybe Chloe will get an offer to star in an opera in Europe!

Since they film 6 mos. in advance, we will be seeing Chloe in Salem for some time yet. We don't see Parker at all anymore, and Holly is invisible.
The show has a lot of "short term" actors, maybe that will end. By that, I mean the characters who appear for a few weeks, a few months...and then are gone.
I know the show hesitates about "recurring" as it leaves the actors free to do other shows, and not be available when Days might want them. But currently, the practice of putting some characters front and center for several weeks, then making it necessary for them to go out of town for an extended period..........this is because of the guarantee. If actors are guaranteed 1-2 episodes per week, and get used 3-4 times in a few weeks, they have to NOT appear for a while. Currently, Rafe & Ciara are "away" for that reason.

I know the show hesitates about "recurring" as it leaves the actors free to do other shows, and not be available when Days might want them.
That's like when Wally Kurth (Justin) had taped scenes for both Days and GH to air for New Year's Eve. He posted pictures of himself wearing a tux for both shows on the same day asking "who wore it better?" But luckily GH isn't anywhere near ahead in taping like Days, so he was able to tape both shows that would air the same time.

Same thing happened with the guy who was the police investigator with the Jade and Joey mess. He taped those scenes 6 months earlier, then taped some scenes for Y&R as a prison warden and they aired on the same days.

Chloe has been window dressing for some time now. If they can't come up with a decent storyline for her, I'd just as soon see her leave until Nicole returns for Holly.

Reactions: jgk
Wow! That sounds like a massacre, if there's any truth to it. Some characters need stories, for sure, so give them a story and let them hang around for a while. I hope it is just a rumor but there is usually some truth behind a rumor.

I won't bother caring about the upcoming pairing of Chloe/ Brady then... kinda ruins it. I know it's not confirmed but where there is smoke there is fire.. usually!

Last edited:
Pretty soon, all the characters will be sleeping in tents in the center of Horton Town Square.
Don't give the writers any ideas. I wouldn't put it past them to have the tunnels explode again, this time starting the Great Salem Fire, which destroys everything except the Town Square. This means that all the characters would be sleeping in the aforementioned tents, Kayla would be treating or operating patients in a another tent, and Roman would be dispensing beer, wine, and liquor while standing behind a plank supported by a couple of barrels. As for Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe), I'd be sorry too see her go. There are plenty of other people whom many would prefer to see vanish, starting with sourpuss Eric and loudmouth Sarah.

This is the list of other people who might be going

Kyle Lowder (Rex), Olivia Rose Keegan (Claire), Brandon Brash (nuStefan), and Lucas Adams (Tripp) No confirmation from reliable source yet.
katmouse, I won't mind seeing any of those characters gone. Maybe we'll get some new characters and some fresh storylines.

Back