Safety tips for holiday and everyday

ShaSha

Reaction score
Because I care..:) Somehow technology has taken over our lives, whether we are in our homes, or out and about...Take care and be aware of your surroundings....Try not to be on your Cell Phones, when walking to your care or in a store....Unknowingly you are leaving yourself open to predators' who are watching you being distracted.....Walk and look around you, by doing this, predators see you are watchful of your surroundings and will not approach....BUT! Again! Stay off your phones unless you are in a safe environment, your homes, etc....You get the message...

This time of year The Predators Are Watching You...Please pay attention....Be Smart....Keep looking around at all that is happening while you are out and about...You will prevent trouble...THIS IS FOR EVERYDAY AND NOT JUST HOLIDAYS....

God Bless!!!! ShaSha:hug:

Great reminders! It's definitely best to hold your purse against you whenever walking or in any crowded or distracting situations.

My dad was a cop so I got grilled a lot on safety. The best thing you can always do is keep aware of what's going on around you. A predator is more likely to choose the person who is distracted than one who looks around to see what is going on.

And that includes when someone stops to ask you the time, or directions. You are now distracted...and the partner is ready to grab the purse, phone, briefcase, suitcase, etc. etc. And never ever drape/hang your purse over the back of your chair in a restaurant. Either on your lap, or on the floor at your feet, under the table.

It's sad when it gets to the point where we can't even offer assistance to someone without fear.

Well, I would (and have) given the time, or told someone how to get there, or where a place is....but then my hand is always on my purse, whether over the shoulder with a long strap, or held by the handles.
My son-in-law was standing next to their luggage, briefcase atop, and he turned to browse a store window. Luckily my daughter turned around, because a thief had grabbed his brief case in those 3 seconds. Ron went chasing after the guy, yelling, and the guy kept going but dropped the briefcase.
Just watched a demonstration on the news about these crimes, showing how easily crooks can walk off with your things in public.

Back