Salem Stalker storyline

This is story line when I stopped watching the show for awhile.
I didn't like all the vets being fired. I slowly started watching
again after they were rehired.

Corday was lucky he was able to convince them all to return. That was a terrible thing to do to all those actors/characters. Mass slaughter! It was fortunate those who had taken other jobs were able to leave them to come back, as well.

Hated that storyline as it was just gruesome.....too bloody, too violent, Probably that is why they threw in the humor, which was definitely needed. :)

It is what confirmed my opinion that he really does not pay much attention to what is going on, until he is forced to do so. He is supposed to be reading the scripts, or at least the bible outline that is written far in advance, So it is hard to believe, that he reads of the murders of Jack, Abe....one after the other. O.K. But then Maggie, Caroline, Doug, Tony, ALICE!! And he says nothing???
Oh, the backlash from viewers was huge, and NBC got on his case but good, and thus..."don't care how, make them all alive".

Don't think he has learned a lesson, even to this day.

I love how Ken Corday spun the tale about how it was always planned to bring back the "dead" Salemites. It's a wonder he didn't have third degree burns on his behind from his pants being on fire.

th

(I'm not sure if there's a rule about reviving old threads, but, I'm going to anyway)

I thought Maleswen was interesting. Refresh my memory: how did they escape the island? And how did they get back to Salem? Where IS Maleswen, anyway?

It was an island, in the Pacific I believe. Everyone there ended up in boats, leaving as quickly as they could, and as they pulled away from the island, it blew up, courtesy of Andre'.
Some of the Salemites ended up getting home, but some did not. further adventures ensued. But Colin sort of vanished. Eventually, everyone got home.

I seem to remember Marlena & Roman handcuffed together in a room, a castle of sorts, with TV scenes of John & Kate. That is when Marlena returned home pregnant, but fell down the staircase, lost the baby.

I loved Melaswen/Salem Stalker, and all the 1990s' wackiness which came before, because it demonstrates that Dimera science actually works more like magic lol. If I were writing Days I'd have some character randomly stumble upon a copy of the Necronomicon in one of Stefano's homes and be like 'what an odd book'.

Back