Salem's children

Heather4CU

Reaction score
It truly boggles my mind that there are only 2 children on the show right now: Arianna and Parker. All the other kids have been SORASed to older teens or are babies. We also don't know if Holly is long term given Nicole may be leaving.

For the last 20 years or so, I hate that the show only allowed Sami to have multiple children. Now they are offscreen. Everyone else either has no child, had only 1 child or had a later in life child after the first child was already an adult. We saw this trope with Bo/Hope twice, Steve/Kayla, Jack/Jen, Marlena/John.

For years, we had Belle and/or Carrie on the show. It truly is a shame they didn't have more children. Claire should have younger siblings and Carrie should have had kids sooner. We haven't even seen Noah yet. Brady and Chloe also should have had a kid or 2 while they were married. I still want the show to find Nicole's son Daniel Rafael.

I realize the show is on borrowed time at this point but I truly don't understand how TPTB don't see this as a problem. They need to rebuild the younger generation for the future and at the same time this should help provide storylines for the older generation and the 30-40 gap generation. Not rocket science.

The mistake was in aging Ciara, Theo, Claire, Joey. And they aged those children a few times within a few months. Joey & Claire were both around 15 when they were first aged, then went to 17 in a flash, and in another eye blink were in college.

Am betting that IF we ever see Noah, he will already be a teen.

Theresa was jump started the same way. heck, there is no Andrew, he is not even mentioned.

Jeannie T was probably one of the most appropriately aged Salem kids. She was born in 1990, seen sporadically until she was about 4. Kim moved to California with the kids. Then Theresa came back to Salem as a mid-20's young woman in 2013.

The whole soap opera 'sorasing' idea is bogus. I have never liked it on any show I routinely watched. One day they're toddlers the next day, they're teens. Seriously.:sad:

We haven't even seen Noah yet.
Heck, it took them 4 years to give this kid a name. All we know about him is that he's still young enough to require adult supervision, LOL. And that Anna doesn't count as same.

I don't mind SORAS if it's done slowly (like Will, who was only 1-2 years older than he should have been) and consistently (cough, not like EJ, cough). I'm with you Heather about the lack of kids on the show. I don't think anyone is planning out more than 3 months at a time here.

Technically, Parker is in New York with Craig and Nancy, so I don't think he can even count as a child in Salem. We don't know if they are going to show that kid again in Salem; they may SORAS him before we see Parker again. Which means we have Arianna and the babies.

The show needs some older children, around 10-14. The only known kids offscreen that might fall in that category are Sami's three younger children if they have not been SORAS'ed, which is iffy since Johnny and Allie are about the same age as Ciara before they were aged.

The one I find really ridiculous that was aged is Claire. All of the other teens that were aged had older parents, so the aging fit better. If Claire is 18-19, that really puts Shawn and Belle up to 40 plus when they should be at most mid 30s.

I agree Jen and I'm still annoyed they aged the teens 2 times in the span of a year. They should all still be 15 or 16 at this point. Sami had tons of story when she was 16 as did the Last Blast crew. I really wish they could erase the last year. Maybe starting with New Year's 2016. Have the accident be someone's bad dream or coma and reset from there.

Belle would still be in Salem as would Ava (temporarily). Hope is still in mourning and not joined at the hip with Rafe. Stefano is alive but on the run. Lots of ways to reset.

Back