• No

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jkiriakis

Reaction score
I don't think the show bothered to put Will's cheating in any sympathetic light. He cheated because he was flattered by the first hot guy to hit on him, and I believe because of getting the scoop for his article. Will doesn't want to admit to himself that he "sold" himself for the article. He hasn't been attentive husband to Sonny. They made Sonny go through all these suffering just for Will to get his head out of his behind and realize his loves the guy.

I mean, you would think that everything Sonny did for him and standing by him despite his dysfunctional family, baby/baby mama and Nick, that Will would have appreciation for the guy and be convinced of Sonny's love. Most people in Sonny's position would have hightailed out of there long time ago. I just think if all this has to happen to Sonny for Will to realize he loves him despite everything Sonny did for him, then is not worthy love in my opinion.

Will is immature to be in committed relationship. He needs to grow up. He actually has to take care of his child instead of dumping her on Sonny, babysitter, his dad or grandparents to look after her. Will needs to stand on his own two feet without everyone having to take care of him. He needs to know what being a single dad is like. They have only been married less then a year, and he cheated without any thought. He told Sonny he was bored with their marriage. Yes their marriage was going though rough state but Sonny had more reasons to cheat because of Will's neglect and yet he stayed faithful despite Paul being his first love who he clearly has buried feelings for.

Divorce is the only real option I see here. Anything else is not realistic.

edited to replace word....JS

I agree 100%. For Sonny's sake, he needs to be rid of Will.

The thought of having little Ari taken out of his life is very sad, however. I would hope that a reasonable solution can be found for that, though I very much doubt it :cry:

All very good points. Well thought out. :)
However, the fact remains that Sonny does love Will. He did not even consider for a second dumping Will to be with Paul. Will definitely needs to grow up, to learn how to resist temptation, to understand what being faithful & loyal really mean.
O.K. Sonny did have a lot of experience, traveled a lot, was with other males. Will never really had or did any of that. Will cheated. Definitely. And then tried to deny it. All of my sympathy and caring is for Sonny, who really aced the scenes.
But I think, while it would take time, they can get past it all.
Days does this......Sami forgave EJ, Adrienne forgave Justin (Anjelica), Marlena & John are working past his cockeyed schemes in re: Kristen, Hope forgave Bo (Carly, round 2).
Right now, Days has this gay couple story that was huge for them. Yes, gay couples break up, and take up perhaps with someone else.

But while I think the actor does a wonderful job as Paul....he is not the person I would want to hook up with either Sonny or Will. I do think Sonny & Will have a very bumpy road to smooth out, the loss of trust is huge. Couples HAVE overcome cheating by a spouse. It definitely is going to take a lot. Will has to really decide if his career and writing assignments are more important than his spouse.
But Sonny has to also decide is his spending all that money on a losing proposition, including taking all their saved money without talking to Will was the right thing to do. Yes, Will's betrayal was worse than Sonny's. They both have more talking to do.

I think they should work through their issues and go to marriage counseling. Obviously I think what Will did was terrible, and feel so bad for Sonny. But I'm sick and tired of everyone breaking up; there's many couples that go through infidelity that work things and stay together. It'd be nice to see this happen for these two, who are a super couple and one of the soaps' most popular couples at that.

I would whole-heartedly agree if Will wasn't such a train wreck. If some counseling and a fresh start somewhere else (anywhere but Salem and NOT L.A.) is possible they may have a chance.

All very good points. Well thought out. :)
Will cheated. Definitely. And then tried to deny it. All of my sympathy and caring is for Sonny, who really aced the scenes.
But I think, while it would take time, they can get past it all.
Well, I couldn't get past the cheating..........there's not that much time in the world. Sonny needs to send Will on his way!

I voted no because, even though what Will did was wrong, even though one time, I believe they can work it out since Sonny did not have all the answers that were hearsay by Derrick. However, if Will goes on and commit adultery again then Sonny would definitely have a right. Even though adultery is wrong we also have to forgive.

I don't think divorce is the answer but I do think Will definitely needs to grow up. He's never appeared more immature than he has in recent months, especially Friday when attempting to explain away his affair. He actually played the "you've been with other men" card. What sane person does this! Sonny hasn't been with anyone since he committed to Will. He tried to use their money problems as an excuse as if he didn't realize he was being distant and non-communicative before Sonny wiped out the bank account. If this doesn't cause Will to mature, then I say yes, Sonny definitely needs to get out. No need to get stuck in the same cycle Lucas did with Sami.

I think they most certainly should get a divorce. I feel so bad for Sonny. :(
And I hate the idea of divorce. I really do, but a good divorce is better than a lousy marriage.
Will is proving every day that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. He is just like his mother.

I would be thrilled if they somehow overcome this and stay together, but at this point, I feel Sonny deserved better. Will may love him, but he doesn't love him the way a husband should. And true love is faithful. If Will really loved him, he'd have no reason to hide his ring and sleep with the subject of his story.

I think they should get a divorce because this is a soap and I like soapy drama. I have no interest in watching a bunch of stable relationships on a soap.

I think they should get a divorce because this is a soap and I like soapy drama. I have no interest in watching a bunch of stable relationships on a soap.

Except most relationships on the soap aren't stable. It'd be unrealistic for every couple on the soap to be broken up or almost at that point.

Plenty of people get married in real life who aren't mature enough to be in such a serious commitment. I see the same thing of Will. Most of these immature people either grow up fast, or they bail out. I'd rather not see Will and Sonny divorce, but go through counseling, and recover from this.

I don't see Will turning into his mother - the one thing she never did (until she was ruined by the writers with the grief sex situation) was cheat. NEVER. And the aftermath of that wasn't pretty. I, for one, don't want to see that happen to Will and Sonny.

Why don't we just hope Days has one stable couple on the show, and that couple is the one same-sex couple on the show? I think that would be awesome.

My feeling is YES, they should divorce. I'm not saying forever. But Will has a lot of growing up to do, and Sonny deserves better.

I might be on board with them working their problems out, but I know these writers can't handle it. As Poirot mentioned above, Sami forgave EJ MUCH worse MANY times, and dropped her revenge scheme after a few bats of her smoochy-moochy's eyelashes. I have no reason to believe Sonny/Will's makeup will be handled better. (Exhibit 2: The reunion of John & Marlena.)

Do I think they WILL divorce? No.

Given all factors, including the crummy writers, I would like to see them separate for a while, work on their issues, including Will's idiocy, insecurity, and general sleaziness, with Will eventually having an epiphany and Sonny forgiving him. I don't think that's what's in store, though.

I would whole-heartedly agree if Will wasn't such a train wreck....
My thoughts exactly!!

Back