Snickers pie

L

lovogrif

SNICKERS PIE

This recipe makes a 9x13" pie. Halve it for regular pie size and then you can use ready made crusts.

8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 TBLS milk
24 oz Cool Whip, thawed, divided
bag of mini Snickers, cut up
3 cups half-and-half
4 4-serving package instant chocolate
pudding

Oreo crumb crust in 9x13" pan (see below)

In large bowl, mix cream cheese and milk with wire whisk till smooth. Stir in 3 cups Cool Whip and Snickers, saving some of the candy to decorate the top. Set aside.

In large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and half-and-half for one minute. Stir in 4 cups Cool Whip.

Spread half the pudding mixture on bottom of pie crust, spread cream cheese mixture over pudding, spread remaining pudding mixture over cream cheese. (You might want to add a tad more milk to the cream cheese mixture to keep it spreadable.) Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Garnish with remaining topping and remaining candy if desired. If you are a Snickers addict, you might want to buy extra ahead of time!!!

9x13" Oreo crumb crust - crush 25 Oreos in blender (or with rolling pin and waxed paper) and mix with 1 stick melted butter. Press into pan. Refrigerate to set. I do this the night before I do the rest.

My pie has to travel. The regular size pie is difficult to cover without making a mess. That's why I "invented" the 9x13 one. Oreo used to make crumbs, but they quit a couple of years ago.

Enjoy, Leesy!

FYI - we do dessert a couple of hours after the big meal; this is pretty heavy for anything else.

Oh my gosh, I love Snickers...!!! I have to try this pie....and those little miniature Snickers drive me nuts....I can't stop eating them.....guess I'll have to buy 2 bags to make sure I have enough for the pie...!!! :D thanks for sharing....

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing this!!! I can't wait to try it. It sounds like it could be fun to make (all the Snickers would not last with me either). I have to make this as soon as I buy all the ingredients. :D If it is really heavy like you say, I might have to wait until after Thanksgiving because there will be an overload of desserts. I'll make it over the weekend and let you know what happens. Thanks again, lovogrif! :smile:

I'm not allergic to peanuts but I don't like Snickers! I would like it with whatever the dark bars are called now, once Forever Yours.

FYI - just finished mine. The filling takes quite a while. I refrigerated the candy, still wrapped, for about an hour and unwrapping and cutting up worked great - I usually end up covered in chocolate. You can do that ahead.

Ok, I went to the store and got the stuff for the pie yesterday...but tonight, guess what....??? There are not enough Snicker's for the thing...I swear....between my daughter and I munchin' today while baking, I'm half a bag of Snickers short (and I don't mean like a half a brick short of a load...!!!!)....I think I may need a shot of insulin, and I'm not even diabetic....
I guess I'll try this recipe some other time.... :(

LOL PAllison!

This recipe sounds devine! I bet you could get a similar flavor to Snickers without the chopping with Heath toffee bits, chocolate chips, and peanuts.

LOL, Allison - if I liked Snickers I would have had to buy more than one bag.

Since I didn't invent the recipe, I will allow (?) you all to use whatever you want in place of Snickers. Maybe we should call it something else so you can just use anything! Candy Surprise Pie or something. My fans insist on Snickers.

This is great!

I was home today and felt like playing around in the kitchen. This is so decadent. Of course, I made a huge mess! :) It is soooo good. Thank you. I ate too much, like a true chocoholic and went into a diabetic stupor, but I am okay. Just kidding (about the stupor). I'm going to share the rest tomorrow so I won't end up eating it all. Thanks! :smile:

I am going to have to make this Pie as I love Snickers.
I might have to use Milky Ways though.I cant wait to
copy the recipe first thing saturday morning.I love
this site.

I think I shall pick up some York mint bars, adding just a piece or two of the small ones to add only a hint of mint in the entire pie.... Then I will take it to the next pot luck here at the funny farm, cause if I eat any of this heavenly pie, I will be higher than the clouds above. I love the recipee, and will keep it handy... Thanks for the directions on making it LOVO....

Back